New FAA rest rules

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"...Rather, the rest period would
begin once the flightcrew members reach the hotel. The FAA’s proposal does not change
the intent of the ARC to generally assure an 8-hour sleep opportunity. However, the
FAA believes that time in transit is not rest. In addition, the agency is concerned that
allowing this time to be included in the rest period could result in a reduction in actual​
rest opportunity below 8 hours..."

Pg. 85.

Finally, behind the door rest. Someone, somewhere, recognizes that time in transit is not 'rest'.

Bye bye naps, CDO's, stand-ups, high speeds or whatever your airline calls them. Good riddance I say.

Could someone, like, cliffs this?

I don't feel like reading all that text.

[/college graduate]

Could someone, like, cliffs this?

I don't feel like reading all that text.

[/college graduate]

Cliff notes version:

There will still be 9 hour overnights with early duty in's that you will be tired when you go to work...In addition, it will be harder to build 3 day trips and the really good CDO's/Naps will no longer be legal...only the really short CDO's/naps will be legal...

All this BS going back and forth for new landmark rest regulation for....wait for it....9 hours rest?

Is this a friggen joke?

Cliff notes version:

There will still be 9 hour overnights with early duty in's that you will be tired when you go to work...In addition, it will be harder to build 3 day trips and the really good CDO's/Naps will no longer be legal...only the really short CDO's/naps will be legal...

Don't worry Joe, it'll take like 4 years for this to go into effect. That's assuming it even passes.

Latest resources

Back