new equipment suffixes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
English,

If it does DME/DME updating for postion correction, you would be correct.
If it has GPS and DME update, it's safe to call it /L.

A newer model FMS certified to RNP standards and RVSM certfied would be a Q. Doesn't really specify if it has to have an IRS based platform.

As long as ATC lets you up into RVSM airspace and clears you direct, you have the right combination.

Last edited:
/L...that sounds good, I'll go with it. Thanks!

Last edited:
From NBAA last Night

All: Apparently Boeing and maybe Airbus have been unable to certify many of their airframes IAW AC 90-100. We don't have any other details at this point but the below NOTAM just went out. Will post more as we get.

!FDC 5/7641 (KFDC A0058/05) FDC THE IMPLEMENTATION DATE FOR AIRCRAFT COMPLIANCE WITH AC 90-100 HAS BEEN DELAYED UNTIL SEPTEMBER 29, 2005. IN THE INTERIM, ALL OPERATORS THAT COMPLY WITH THE REVISED AIRCRAFT EQUIPMENT SUFFIXES /E, /G/, /R, /J, /L, AND /Q ARE AUTHORIZED TO FILE AND FLY RNAV SIDS/STARS AND ROUTES. OPERATORS SHOULD COMPLY WITH THE OPERATIONAL GUIDANCE CONTAINED IN AC 90-100.

It was finally verified that all UNS 1C users and better can file /Q as long as they are RVSM, UNS 1 C uses GPS as primary for updating and can provide up to RNP 0.3 for approaches and 1.0 for terminal area and 2,0 for enroute.

If you are flying across the pond you need 2 FMS's to be able to say that you are using GPS as primary for updating, If not you need to file /F or If RVSM then /K

Q

ok so if i am flying a lear 60 with two UNS 1B+'s am I /K or /Q now? I would think Q, but I'm not sure.

We fly a Falcon 100 with a GNS-XLS... RVSM RNP all the bells and whistles... We file Q..

Latest resources

Back