New Delta Judge Quote

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General Lee said:
Well, we are still sort of short thanks to the 2300 Captain retirements over the last year or so. Parking some planes could reduce that need, but apparently some of the 737-200s we were going to park came back with some GREAT deals, like $15,000 a month in leases (compared to $285,000 a month for some of the MD88s, and compare that with some of the 737-800 rates of only $125,000 a month). And, I have heard that the current lease rate talks have been going well.

Bye Bye--General Lee

So why are you so concerned about under 100 seat rates and who flies that segment? You need to concentrate on what you guys do best. Are RJ's gonna fly to Hawaii, Europe, South America? Do you presently have any pilots on furlough that flys anything under 100 seats?

You need to get your heads out of your collective butts and worry about code share? Thats where open skies may bite you next!

Your vendetta against Comair Pilots is silly and tiresome. Personally you seem to be a thoughtful person on most subjects but your penchat for regressive bitterness is not becoming and I would suggest beneath you. You know they had nothing to do with that but still you persist.

Put your resources toward becoming a stronger pilot group and protect what you do best and have airframes.

Last edited:
Delta Restructuring
1. We will reduce the number of types in the fleet.... or add a couple to get the EMB or CRJ on the property.
2. International will be added because that's where the money is... or open skies will drain that bank.
3. Reduce cost by outsourcing flying to the regionals... or add flying to mainline.
I see already that management has come up with a plan that is doomed to failure. Hope you guys get the scope, the 70+ seats... but in the end you might want to give Delta an alternative plan for making money. Not saying you aren't right I'm just saying management clearly had a plan that is now useless.

reduce costs by outsourcing?

So do you think Skywest is cheaper to outsource than Comair or the former ASA flying the same route ? Skywest makes tons of money off Delta, that money should have stayed within Delta not the Skywest shareholders.
Delta can't get out of its own way, its too busy trying to fluck someone over to save a dime while paying a dollar in the process.

So gogglespisano, are you flying other airlines work, or not?

flaps30 said:
Skywest makes tons of money off Delta, that money should have stayed within Delta not the Skywest shareholders.
quote]

Couldn't agree more, it's time for the feeders to pony up and give till it hurts.

RP 04 said:
So gogglespisano, are you flying other airlines work, or not?

70% of our business comes from Uncle Sam. A portion of the other 30% comes from picking up slack from other cargo carriers who do not have the lift to carry it. So yes, we do fly other airlines work, but we don't try to circumvent scope clauses to get it. It is contractually agreed to by all parties involved. Like polar and atlas and omni and tradewinds and cagolux ...

We don't sue for it.

spinproof said:
So why are you so concerned about under 100 seat rates and who flies that segment? You need to concentrate on what you guys do best. Are RJ's gonna fly to Hawaii, Europe, South America? Do you presently have any pilots on furlough that flys anything under 100 seats?

You need to get your heads out of your collective butts and worry about code share? Thats where open skies may bite you next!

Your vendetta against Comair Pilots is silly and tiresome. Personally you seem to be a thoughtful person on most subjects but your penchat for regressive bitterness is not becoming and I would suggest beneath you. You know they had nothing to do with that but still you persist.

Put your resources toward becoming a stronger pilot group and protect what you do best and have airframes.

Well thanks, I guess? Look, we are looking at it all. We aren't focusing on just the 79 seaters (except we are on this board). The judge even pointed out that international code share is NOT free for Delta, and also lowering block hours, and that 79 seater. Dalpa is looking at all of it, we on this board seem to be focusing on the 79 seat issue.

My personal vendetta against Comair is not really against any of their pilots as a whole, but rather against their leaders---like Lawson and that goof Ford. I am always professional when I see them in the terminal or on a jumpseat, and I know the average line guy is not making those outlandish decisions. The top 20% of Comair rule the roost, even though they are not the majority. I understand that. But, that doesn't mean I want them to get bigger planes at the expense of our DL furloughs. Not helping out when our furloughs needed it really put a stamp on the Comair pilot leadership. (later, like a miracle, they offered our furloughs jobs, about 2 years after ASA and CHQ did)

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
Well thanks, I guess? Look, we are looking at it all. We aren't focusing on just the 79 seaters (except we are on this board). The judge even pointed out that international code share is NOT free for Delta, and also lowering block hours, and that 79 seater. Dalpa is looking at all of it, we on this board seem to be focusing on the 79 seat issue.

Bye Bye--General Lee

OK. Point accepted. My thought would be you would be better off keeping the airframes you have and the increase in International flying put everyone not retired back to work!. Why should you worry about under 100 seat airframes? You dont have any, no pilots are furloughed in them, you're not likely to get them nor should you even care!

Do you not feel code share is a bigger problem?

spinproof said:
OK. Point accepted. My thought would be you would be better off keeping the airframes you have

Right now that would be all airframes with over 70 seats are to be flown by DAL pilots, so that is exactly what we are doing.

Latest resources

Back