New Delta Judge Quote

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
michael707767 said:
spoke to an MEC officer today. The MEC feels without dissent that anything over 70 seats should be flown by Delta pilots.

Anything with jet engines should be flown be Delta pilots.

It was that mentality that got the legacies behind to begin with!

Get them on the property first, then negotiate the rates in time.

Just like the B scale.

GogglesPisano said:
BTW, I don't work for Delta. But I do believe all Delta flying belongs to Delta Airlines seniority list pilots.
Hopefully you don't do any flying at World that "belongs" to other airlines... If you don't, good on you (highly doubt it though)

General Lee said:
Fins,

We are currently competing with the new 100 seat rates from Jetblue, since they have somehow turned into the current benchmark. Dalpa will have to balance our want of higher pay with the current competitve pay rates at other airlines. AWA/USAir just gave a tad bit higher 100 seat rate for their eventual E190s, so that is encouraging.

What about Airtrans 100 seat rate? Who says Jetblue is the current benchmark?

I'd prefer the Airtran 100 seat rate, but good ole management will state that Jetblue has the most competitive rate.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General hits some good points with respect the to rates that have offically been negotiated: M88 rates averaged about 240K mo and the 767ER was 600K mo. New rates have the 88s around 80K and the ERs down to 200K which is to say at minimum a huge savings.

Now as far as the guy whining about how "scope will hurt him" he is on crack. FYI - I got furloughed from DAL for 18 months while I watched all the connection carries hire and get bigger jets. With the exception the the Comair Nazis, all the connection carriers were kind to the furloughed DAL guys and let them swing the gear for their company. I promise you that will not be forgotten when DAL starts to hire someday. I can also promise the DAL will not forget how Comair told DAL furoughed guys to shove it. Can you say "what comes around goes around?" But I digress... scope needs to be there for me as much as it does you - unless you never want to get out of the commuters. It will keep mainline guys on the property and make a place for the guys coming up to go to. Payscales have been sent down to some if not all of the commuters. The rate proposed is one rate for all AC flown at that company. Rate for 50 - 100 seats, 12 year Captain at Comair is $81 an hour. What does that work out to about a 20% pay cut for those guys? Not bad considerin mainline is fast approaching a 50% pay cut!

As far as the judge goes...I think the way she seems through the DAL attorneys and hammers them is great. I just hope the DALPA attorneys are up to the task! I guess we will see...just in time for Christmas.

Deleted so as to not hurt anyone's feelings.

Last edited:
E120ASA said:
Wow, wasn’t it the low cost pukes like you that started all of this?

Why don't you make like a tree---and get outta here!

Latest resources

Back