• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi!

May, 2005:
New Job
Just got picked up by Kalitta. The way it looks now, it doesn't make sense to go back to Northwest, financially ($ or retirement), airplane (DC-9 vs. 747) or lifestyle (days off). And Kalitta seems to be a growing operation.

It's REALLY hard to figure out what to do!!!

cliff
GRB

Ya ever read the horrible English in the Airbus manuals?

Someone just learning English would produce a better manual - even if it was nothing but "See light - push button".

I recall having to explain to a mechanic trying to clear an A-320 write-up as to what "Cavalry Charge" meant in the manual.
(For non-bus types...it is the aural warning for certain messages that sounds a little like a bugle call.) <grin>
DC

Eat your heart out Delta.

Remember when you guys were low enough to fly this ariplane? ala DC9-15?

Hopefully most of you smart Delta guys will realize this is a GOOD thing that this airplane is in the mainline fleet, unlike the E-175 (which is much better looking) or the CRJ-900 (which is much better looking)

Are you starting to get it now? Mainline is the way to go. Shiny Jet Syndrome is dying. Hopefully one day ALL of us will understand that a job with the mainline is the only way to go. (even if you don't fly pretty new airplanes)

COULD NOT HAVE SAID IT BETTER!

The increase in DC-9 flying is because they are flying more of the Compass flights. I had 5 legs cancelled in the last 2 days for lack of Captains. They just stopped upgrading people and shot themselves in the foot. Those flighs were taken by DC-9s. Kind of the way it should be I guess.

The increase in DC-9 flying is because they are flying more of the Compass flights. I had 5 legs cancelled in the last 2 days for lack of Captains. They just stopped upgrading people and shot themselves in the foot. Those flighs were taken by DC-9s. Kind of the way it should be I guess.

Since Compass now flies former DC-9 flights, it would be more accurate to say that the increased DC-9 usage is from the DC-9 flying more of ITS OWN FLIGHTS!:cool:

Not true, the increase in DC-9 flying is for April and beyond. Any DC-9 flying now is due to the scheduling screwups of Compass and is short term.

Even though I fly for Compass, I would rather see the mainline aircraft flying those routes. That why I say thats the way it should be.
Use the E175 to fly new routes such as DTW-MRY. or if I had my my way, anywhere in the Caribbean.

or... since you are all in the merging lists mode- put the compass guys on the one seniority list like it should be and make the e175 a mainline a/c. it's an airliner, i don't care who you are.

or... since you are all in the merging lists mode- put the compass guys on the one seniority list like it should be and make the e175 a mainline a/c. it's an airliner, i don't care who you are.

Pretty sure many Compass pilots wouldn't have the "numbers" needed to be flying for DAL. (i.e. F/O's flight time, etc).

Latest resources

Back