• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New CP's At ASA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I second that. Those of us who have escaped from ASA would love to hear what RC had to say.

By far the best CP I ever worked with at ASA. If what everyone is saying about how SH treated him is true, he definately deserved better.

HeII, he deserved better than working at ASA in the first place.

Scott's e-mail:

I am pleased to announce that Capt. F M and Capt. K S have been selected as our new ATL Assistant Chief Pilots. Both captains bring extensive experience from the line and training department to their new positions and have a combined 15 years of experience with ASA.
Blah Blah Blah....
Both F and K come to the ATL Chief Pilots’ Office currently flying the line as Captains and their strong leadership on our front lines will carry over to their new roles. Capt. FL is returning to the line as a CRJ 200 Captain effective September 1 and Capt. RC will be leaving the Chief Pilot office in early September.
F and K will be starting in their roles on Sept. 1. Please join me in congratulating F and K and thanking FL and RC for their years of dedicated service.
Scott

RC's reply:

Scott,
I must have missed a memo because I have been inundated with questions about the early September reference. Would you please provide a more precise time line or as POTUS would put it, "an aspirational horizon". RC
All crew members,
We are having a going out of business sale. Stop by my office and pick out a poster, or logo tee shirt, pictures, pins, memorabilia, or other ASA artifacts. Everything must go and it's all free. RC

Interesting that this thread was aimed at RC and not FL. FL was BY FAR the best CP at that place when I was there. Didnt care much for RC, as he didnt help me once, so I never went back to him.
I do know FM well, he will be fine. He is a no BS guy and a rulebook/reg reader, so know that going into it.

Ok, Long Time.
I have been dooped. I will never take any thing away from RC but in my last post I want to take back and apologize to the people that have been on this thread.
I said something that I shouldn't have about SH about being middle mgmt. I have to admit that I got that from someone from the union without naming names. I used it because I thought it was wrong about the way this has come about.
I just got off the phone with someone and I was so off base that I have to post on here that I was so wrong about SH. As we all know there are 2 sides to every story and maybe we need to listen to someone elses side. I say that because I have found out that things have been said that actually RC maybe should have been let go from his position. I won't go into details but I think we all need to step back and give SH another chance.
I want to say I appologize (sp) to SH and the room for just being one sided and saying something I shouldn't have without getting the other side of the story.
Maybe we all should also before calling names.
Ok, that's all I have to say about that !!! *Forrest Gump*
:angryfire

First and ten at da "Simma"

Take da "Dehn"

Throw ta "Nah"

"Simma Dehn Nah"

Just playin' witch cha Bruddah.

Ok, Long Time.
I have been dooped. I will never take any thing away from RC but in my last post I want to take back and apologize to the people that have been on this thread.
I said something that I shouldn't have about SH about being middle mgmt. I have to admit that I got that from someone from the union without naming names. I used it because I thought it was wrong about the way this has come about.
I just got off the phone with someone and I was so off base that I have to post on here that I was so wrong about SH. As we all know there are 2 sides to every story and maybe we need to listen to someone elses side. I say that because I have found out that things have been said that actually RC maybe should have been let go from his position. I won't go into details but I think we all need to step back and give SH another chance.
I want to say I appologize (sp) to SH and the room for just being one sided and saying something I shouldn't have without getting the other side of the story.
Maybe we all should also before calling names.
Ok, that's all I have to say about that !!! *Forrest Gump*
:angryfire

No problem, now tell us the "other" side of the story. Since one side has been made public. lets hear the other side. Maybe we will all change our minds.

I've been told the other side, and I have to agree with RSJ. If the other side is true, then what is is. I've jumped on the band wagon here also and stated some things I shouldn't have.

In all actuality, regardless of what some people think of SH, he has definitely changed a ton of things since he's been here, and most for the good of the group. I wouldn't want his job, and actually don't care what his seniority number is or anything else. I am a fan of "hiring from within" and didn't like the fact that ASA hired from the outside. However, he is much easier to communicate with than ND ever was. As far as BD goes, he might not be the nicest person to talk to, either, but at least he's always in his office unlike CS was.

I think he's prob a good guy, but he always gives me a go to hell look everytime I pass his door. When I have had to consult him, he has been very rude. He greeted me by saying my name tag needed to be a little lower and to shine my shoes. He definitely has his favorites. Mostly DFW folks.
You mean to tell me that that SOB actually expected you to wear your uniform correctly, with pride and professionalism? What an ASS.

You mean to tell me that that SOB actually expected you to wear your uniform correctly, with pride and professionalism? What an ASS.

No doubt. The audacity of some people.

Latest resources

Back