New Chief Pilots at ASA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Agreed........

Frankly, I'm impressed with the cadre of guys we have in the CPOs. I'm not looking for someone to snow me over and dazzle me with sunshine when I'm trying to weasle my way out of something- but I AM looking for a group of guys that will tell me like it is, and will back me 100% when I'm in the right. I feel we've got a pilot friendly group of guys that actually listen.

When you are in the right, you don't need anyone to back you! When you are in the wrong, by intent or accident, is when you need help. Let us know how that turns out for you!

pretty creepy how you stalk this character....dude, just ask him out and get it over with already.

Actually, rumor has it that he's perfected his "handy work" on you!:laugh:
You guys still "sharing hotel rooms" on layovers?:blush:

When you are in the right, you don't need anyone to back you! When you are in the wrong, by intent or accident, is when you need help. Let us know how that turns out for you!

Well, as for myself, I've been lucky enough to avoid a carpet dance. However, the "kinder, gentler" CPO seems to have worked alright for a senior captain that self parked with no marshallers the other day. Apparently he got pissed about the rampers so he just pulled into the gate. He's not terminated, just got a talking to and 3 days off. I think this backs my point that it's not as adversarial as it used to be, even just two years ago. It also appears that the group of our CP's are good friends, and likely to stick togeather if one of them feels they need to make a call and stand up against management. I stick to my original argument- we've got a good cadre of guys in the CPO...............

Well, as for myself, I've been lucky enough to avoid a carpet dance. However, the "kinder, gentler" CPO seems to have worked alright for a senior captain that self parked with no marshallers the other day. Apparently he got pissed about the rampers so he just pulled into the gate. He's not terminated, just got a talking to and 3 days off. I think this backs my point that it's not as adversarial as it used to be, even just two years ago. It also appears that the group of our CP's are good friends, and likely to stick togeather if one of them feels they need to make a call and stand up against management. I stick to my original argument- we've got a good cadre of guys in the CPO...............

Having a good cadre of guys in the CPO is a good thing--no argument there. From what has been floating around, the CPO's can make no decisions without going one step up. That has been the frustration of those who were in there before. It will be interesting to see how long it lasts with these guys. None of them have enough line experience to really have walked in the average pilot's shoes.

On any serious matter, their responsibilities are to the company and protecting the company. In a discipline process, they represent the company's interest and will follow the direction given them by their boss and in some cases by the legal side of the house. That's where the quick sand exists for those who think that they are a pilot's advocate. Sorry, you may have a great relationship with them, but at some point, that will not protect your best interests--in fact, it could cause you or another pilot harm by your own naieve trust. Some may have to learn the hard way of how to draw the line. Just remember, in a serious matter, anything you say or write, can and will be used against you--not necessarily by your buddies in the CPO, but by their boss. Your CP's have a duty to protect the company and unfortunately sometimes that can be at the pilot's expense. However, that does not mean that they are not the great guys that you claim. Be careful and good tailwinds!

Latest resources

Back