• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Chief Pilots at ASA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I havent been there in a few years so I can't comment on the new ones, but FL was BY FAR the best there was back a few years ago. He always had a line out his door with people waiting, as he was the only one who helped us. Comparing him to the newer ones isnt exactly fair if you werent around years ago. So maybe from todays point of view he may not be as good as you want, but dont say he wasnt ever good.

Crjskipper just sucks up to whomever is in charge at the moment... I have peronally seen FL go to great lengths to help out pilots who were in the line of fire of power-hungry freakshows like ND (remember that ass-hat they named the plane after?)

Anyhow-FL was (and still is) the very best we ever had. I don't give two craps whether a CP can state the FOM or the contract chapter and verse-I just would like to deal with someone who will treat pilots reasonably.

FL was the best at doing his job in a reasonable manner. I never saw him power-tripping or getting all crazy on anyone. The man obviously had health problems as a result of all the stress doing such a great job brought him, and we should all be very grateful for his service to us pilots.

-The man had his priorities in order, and I don't give two craps what crjskipper thinks about it-he will just go and suck up to whomever may be in charge next!

-No one respects a butt-kisser, skippy-but hey-that's just how you roll.....

that tells me alot about you 567. like i said, fl is a nice guy, terrible cp. did you ever fly with him as an fo? i did, and lets just say he is a nice guy. and i dont need to kiss anyones butt, i typically dont need the cps, but when i have gone there i expect a certain level of, lets just say, intelligence.

but once again, im sure fl was just the kind of cp you needed.

that tells me alot about you 567. like i said, fl is a nice guy, terrible cp. did you ever fly with him as an fo? i did, and lets just say he is a nice guy. and i dont need to kiss anyones butt, i typically dont need the cps, but when i have gone there i expect a certain level of, lets just say, intelligence.

Fly a r/t with SH........end of story

Your post tells me everything I need to know as well-that you are an idiot!

I never shadow the door of the CPO as a rule-(I have never-in my career had to go and see any of them for a "carpet dance" if that is what you are trying to imply.) When I had a pay issue or a scheduling problem FL straightened it out for me and did the same for everyone else I know. I have been shuffled off by other CPs who didn't care to do their job, but FL always was helpful and knowledgeable.

Go kiss up to someone who cares. I am sure SH is awaiting your application for the new opening. SH will sure be happy to have another suckup a-hole in the barn.....

CRJSkipper-

Talk all the sh$t you want about Fred, but when I needed my paycheck issues resolved he always took care of it!

CRJSkipper-

Talk all the sh$t you want about Fred, but when I needed my paycheck issues resolved he always took care of it!

And if you refused an airplane for a safety reason or refused to fly when scheduling was trying to coerce you to violate the FARs, he had a spine and backed you up rather than take the easy way and take the company's side.

However, I think we have a good CPO now. They know the rules and have a good relationship with the GO. They are able to help you by working with mgmt rather than against them. That speaks well for the new culture at ASA.

I am not bashing the new guys... They seem O.K.

Fred did a great job during the most difficult of times, and it really pisses me off to see him trashed by anyone.

Fred didn't play favorites, he didn't only stand up for DFW guys. Fred was a very reasonable person and would totally stand up any pilot who was in the right.

I sure can't say the same about "C.P. intern," or a few others I could think of, but Fred was reliable and always helpful. People tend to forget about ND and a couple of other G.O. freakshows who loved to try and jack with people-and attempt to ruin their careers. Fred saved a lot of people a lot of trouble by keeping stuff off ND's desk.

-You could never ask for a better CP. Maybe skippy got told off by Fred one day (he would do that if someone was a retard and screwed up,) but as for me and absolutely everyone I know well who has worked for this place, we all loved Fred!

-You simply could not ask for a better guy in that position.

And if you refused an airplane for a safety reason or refused to fly when scheduling was trying to coerce you to violate the FARs, he had a spine and backed you up rather than take the easy way and take the company's side.

However, I think we have a good CPO now. They know the rules and have a good relationship with the GO. They are able to help you by working with mgmt rather than against them. That speaks well for the new culture at ASA.

This last paragraph indicates that you may be out of touch. We MAY have a good CPO office now--the jury is still out and the cows have not come home. What rules do they know? They MAY know the same rules YOU and I are suppose to know. When you don't know the rules that you are suppose to know, you basically yield power to someone else--maybe, a CP. The CP should have a good relationship with the GO, they work for the G.O. and were ordained by the d.o.--and they jump through his hoops and deliver his message. They don't work with managment--they are management, or their pawns--Geesh! New culture? It's more like a new honeymoon--one we have been on before and the CPO has nothing to do with it. They have no power--they work for Julius Caesar!

I am not bashing the new guys... They seem O.K.

Fred did a great job during the most difficult of times, and it really pisses me off to see him trashed by anyone.

Fred didn't play favorites, he didn't only stand up for DFW guys. Fred was a very reasonable person and would totally stand up any pilot who was in the right.

I sure can't say the same about "C.P. intern," or a few others I could think of, but Fred was reliable and always helpful. People tend to forget about ND and a couple of other G.O. freakshows who loved to try and jack with people-and attempt to ruin their careers. Fred saved a lot of people a lot of trouble by keeping stuff off ND's desk.

-You could never ask for a better CP. Maybe skippy got told off by Fred one day (he would do that if someone was a retard and screwed up,) but as for me and absolutely everyone I know well who has worked for this place, we all loved Fred!

-You simply could not ask for a better guy in that position.

Did you issue a disclaimer with your testimony? I am glad you had such a fine experience. However, apparently, there are others who may disagree and may have had different experiences.

CP's go through Seasons. It always starts out like Springtime and ends like Winter! Most of them look like the Presidents at the end of their term--wore down and low, very low in the opinion polls. I guess it has something to do with dealing with that 4% of Pilots that have been notorious all their lives, and becoming callous as a result of the figurative beatings that they take from those who will not let them make decisions. The money must be good--but giving up your soul is too much of a cost.

Latest resources

Back