New Cessna Airplane?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

viper548 said:
The Mustang is Cessna's answer to Eclipse.

For a couple of million more dollars.

It's a great looking little jet from the photos I've seen, but it's alot more money.

They should bring back the Cardinal RG. Fix the doors so they don't rip off if the wind catches them just right, beef up the gear system, and upgrade to a Lyc IO-390. Garmin 1000 of course, and for the wives put on the parachute.

That would be a Cirrus killer.

JimNtexas said:
They should bring back the Cardinal RG. Fix the doors so they don't rip off if the wind catches them just right, beef up the gear system, and upgrade to a Lyc IO-390. Garmin 1000 of course, and for the wives put on the parachute.

That would be a Cirrus killer.

Toss on some boots, other ice thingies, a PT-6 and I'd buy it...

...oh wait...no I wouldn't. But I'd want to.

-mini

NRHPilot said:
Probably talking about the Mustang. It will have four seats in a club configuration and will have the G1000 avionics package. About a month ago they flew an apporach at Independence next to a 172 at the same speed. Cessna is touting that if you can fly the 172 with the G1000 then you can transition to the Mustang fairly easy and from the demo, can fly an approach at the same speed.

Why would i want to fly a jet at 172 speeds???? Isn't the point of the jet to go faster?

I wonder what the fuel burn is at that speed compared to the 172. I'm sure it is more than the 6-8 gph the 172 is burning.

As for if your able to fly the 172 you can fly the jet, me thinks that is some bs. Wait till a few of these people get high on final, pull the power to idle (to do one of those nice power off landings you can do in the 172) end up low(on the gs) and end up scraping the trees waiting for the engines to spool up.

Well I guess the point is, it can haul ass in climb and cruise...but you can also make your approaches slow (safer?).

I heard something somewhere from someguy that was sitting in a rusted out '78 Dodge that they were going to start making the T303 again. That would be a cool airplane to have with a couple of those tiny little turbines somebody posted about that they are putting into RV6's and stuff. Replace the 250hp continentals with the 255 hp turbine....

Latest resources

Back