Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bluesky421

Are we there yet?
I have heard rumors that cessna will be introducing a new airplane at NBAA (in October?) Anywho, just wondering if anyone had any info on it. I kinda hoping that it isn't just a modification like the CJ1+ or something like that. I would like to see something like a light twin or a new 210.

A new piston single or twin would be cool. It's been a LONG time. Cirrus has stolen a lot of their thunder in that market, so it's time for something.

DGdaPilot said:
Not to be a smartass or anything, but why would they show a new light twin or single at the NBAA show?

Good point. I guess I could see a piston twin at NBAA, but not a single.

I dunno what it will be. I wonder if Cessna would ever try to manufacture something that would compete with Gulfstream or Dassault. The X isn't a competitor to those i dont think.

bluesky421 said:
I dunno what it will be. I wonder if Cessna would ever try to manufacture something that would compete with Gulfstream or Dassault. The X isn't a competitor to those i dont think.

The Sovereign is getting there. finally saw one up close the other day. looks big, lots of wing too.

The pilot, from a "well known fractional," ;) tried to tell our desk girl that it was a Seven which would mean a smaller ramp fee. He proceeded to get angry when a couple of us started to snicker that "You don't even know what plane you fly or you're trying to hoodwink us," snicker.

You fractional pilots crack me up. You'd think it was coming straight out of the captain's wallet.

Probably talking about the Mustang. It will have four seats in a club configuration and will have the G1000 avionics package. About a month ago they flew an apporach at Independence next to a 172 at the same speed. Cessna is touting that if you can fly the 172 with the G1000 then you can transition to the Mustang fairly easy and from the demo, can fly an approach at the same speed.

gkrangers said:
Maybe a tiny ass jet like the Eclipse ?

You mean the Mustang?

Latest resources

Back