Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Carrier/Airplanes for UEX Aspen next year!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FlyinPiker said:
Very classy trying to call someone out by name though...the point of that was?????

Unfortunately I will never have the pleasure of sharing a cockpit with you Mr. J32. I'm sure I'm missing out.

My point... just about the same as the point of your first post that got us started. You had no point other than to be an A S S. And yes... that was my point too.

Its actually a sad thing we won't share a cockpit. We'd probably have a pretty good time. Find a long overnight, watch some football, throw back some adult BEvERages and laugh at the stupid crap that gets posted on this board.

J32driver said:
Its actually a sad thing we won't share a cockpit. We'd probably have a pretty good time. Find a long overnight, watch some football, throw back some adult BEvERages and laugh at the stupid crap that gets posted on this board.

You left out the part about great sex!

J32driver said:
You had no point other than to be an A S S. And yes... that was my point too.

There are probably a handful of people up in ATW that have the "rough draft" of our game plan for 2006 and it was eating me alive that you might be one of them. Also, you seem pretty content here as well (dam.n you)...which is keeping me on the short list and permantly on crew schedulings whippin list (well I guess that's all of us these days).

I guess I'm insecure, where's Dr. Phil...maybe I can go kick him.

Investors have increased stakes in merged airline
By: Karen Ferrick-Roman, Times Staff
10/25/2005

Email to a friend Printer-friendly
spacer.gif

The new US Airways has gained $113 million more in cash.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans Serif][SIZE=-2]Advertisement[/SIZE][/FONT]

The investors who provided US Airways with the financial steam to escape bankruptcy and merge with America West Airlines have increased their stakes in the newly merged airline.

Equity investors exercised all their options, buying 2.5 million additional shares of US Airways Group common stock at $15 a share, the airline announced Friday. The stock was trading Monday on the open market at slightly more than $22 a share.

The investors had two chances to buy US Airways stock at below-market prices. The first chance came the day after the Sept. 27 merger, when the investors bought more than 5 million shares for $75 million. The investors bought the remaining options on Oct. 13, spending $38 million.

This $113 million in options is in addition to their original investment of $365 million.

The total investments and percentage of ownership in the airline:

n Wellington Management Co., 11 million shares, or 14 percent.

n PAR Investment Partners, 10.7 million shares, including options bought from Eastshore Aviation and ACE Aviation, 14 percent.

n Eastshore Aviation, the investment arm of regional US Airways Express carrier Air Wisconsin Airlines, 8.3 million shares, 11 percent.

n ACE Aviation Holdings, the parent company of Air Canada, 5 million shares, 6 percent;

n Tudor Investment Corp., 4.86 million shares, 6 percent.

n Peninsula Investment Partners, 4 million shares, 5 percent.

Former America West shareholders own 15.1 million shares, or about 20 percent of the new airline; Texas Pacific Group is the majority America West shareholder. Former US Airways creditors have 8.2 million shares, about 11 percent.

Public offerings of the new US Airways stock (LCC ticker symbol) have amounted to 9.7 million shares, or about 13 percent ownership.

This additional investment by the investor groups allows the newly merged airline to have more than $2.5 billion in total cash on hand, even after buying back stock options from the federal Air Transportation Stabilization Board and spending $125 million to retire some of the debt owed to General Electric Capital Corp., the airline said.

The airline also announced last week that a loan guaranteed by the federal Air Transportation Stabilization Board had been sold to private investors.

"The market's confidence in the new US Airways is extremely gratifying," Doug Parker, chairman, president and chief executive officer of the new airline, said in a prepared statement.

The investments are the most new equity ever raised by a U.S. airline, the company said.

Karen Ferrick-Roman can be reached online at [email protected].

Third Quarter 2004 Airline Financial Data: Regional Passenger Airlines Report Highest Rate of Domestic Profit

Here is the reason that the United wanted to renegotiate the AWAC contract. AWAC was on the way to making 80 million dollars for the year while United was losing billions. If the major airlines are being squeezed so will the regionals. It is all economics. Note the statement that the companies with the highest costs were Eagel and AWAC. What is also interesting is the significantly lower seat cost per mile that MESA has (15 cents per mile) than the other "major" regionals. You have to click on the tables to view the results.

BTS 35-04
http://www.bts.gov/images/spacer.gif:: ContactDave Smallen
202-366-5568 Thursday, December 16, 2004 - The seven largest regional airlines had the highest domestic operating margins ― an industry measure of profitability ― of any selected carrier groups during the third quarter of 2004, the Bureau of Transportation Statistics (BTS) of the U.S. Department of Transportation reported today in a release of preliminary data.
This group of regional carriers reported a domestic operating profit margin of 10.8 percent for the third quarter, above the profit margin of 3.6 percent reported by the seven largest low-cost air carriers and the 7.6 percent loss margin reported by the seven network carriers (Table 1). Domestic operating margin measures operating profit or loss as a percentage of the airline’s total domestic operating revenue.
The industry operating margin declined from the second quarter to the third quarter. Quarter-to-quarter changes may be affected by seasonal factors.
The selected low-cost carriers reported a 68 percent decline in profit margin over the third quarter of 2003 while the selected network carriers increased their operating loss margin by 181 percent from a year earlier.

The largest percentage operating loss margins were reported by network carriers Delta Air Lines and US Airways (Table 2) and low-cost carrier ATA Airlines (Table 3).

The top operating profit margins were all reported by regional airlines---SkyWest Airlines, American Eagle Airlines and Express Jet (Table 4).
Network carriers operate a significant portion of their flights using at least one hub where connections are made for flights on a spoke system. Low-cost carriers are those that the industry generally recognizes as operating under a low-cost business model. Regional carriers provide service from small cities, using primarily regional jets to support the network carriers’ hub and spoke systems. The selected groups consist of the seven carriers with the highest annual reportedrevenue in each group.

The regional carriers had the highest unit revenues with 14.2 cents per available seat mile (Table 5). These higher unit revenues generally reflect the shorter flights and smaller aircraft flown by these carriers. They average flights of 300 to 450 miles, compared to the 1,000-mile average stage length for the network carriers. Domestic unit revenue measures revenues against capacity by dividing domestic operating revenues by domestic available seat miles.

Overall, the highest unit revenues were reported by the regional carriers Sky West, Air Wisconsin and American Eagle (Table 8).

The lowest unit revenues were reported by low-cost carriers ATA, JetBlue Airways and Spirit Airlines (Table 7).

Northwest Airlines reported the highest unit revenues among the selected network carriers (Table 6).

The regional carriers also reported the highest domestic unit costs – 12.7cents per available seat mile (Table 9).

The low-cost carriers reported the lowest unit costs – 7.8 cents per available seat mile. All of the selected low-cost carriers had lower unit costs than any of the regional or network carriers (Table 10 , Table 11 and Table 12 ). Domestic unit cost measures expenses against capacity by dividing domestic operating expenses by domestic available seat miles.

The carriers with the highest unit costs were the regional carriers American Eagle and Air Wisconsin (Table 12) along with network carrier US Airways (Table 10), which had the highest unit costs (16.1 cents) of the 21 selected carriers.

The carriers with the lowest unit costs were low-cost carriers JetBlue, ATA and Southwest Airlines (Table 11).

The regional carriers also reported the highest domestic passenger revenue yields ― at 19.2 cents per revenue passenger mile (Table 13).

Domestic passenger revenue yield measures passenger revenues against total travel by dividing domestic passenger revenues by domestic revenue passenger miles.

The top passenger revenue yields were reported by regional carriers Express Jet, American Eagle and SkyWest (Table 16).

The lowest passenger revenue yields were reported by low-cost carriers JetBlue, ATA and America West Airlines (Table 15).

Northwest Airlines reported the highest revenue yield of any network carrier (Table 14).

Additional airline financial data can be found on the BTS website at TranStats, the Intermodal Transportation Database, at http://transtats.bts.gov. Click on “aviation”, then on “Air Carrier Financial Reports (Form 41 Financial Data)”, then click on “Schedule P-12.”
Data are compiled from quarterly financial and monthly traffic reports filed with BTS by commercial air carriers. Financial and traffic data are preliminary and include data received by BTS as of Dec. 12. Data are subject to revision. Data from second-quarter 2004 and previous quarters are posted on the BTS website at http://transtats.bts.gov. BTS has scheduled May 16 for release of fourth-quarter 2004 data.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J32driver
Look... Jay... is it? I don't care who you are or what you believe. Give it six months for the transition and training to be done. Thats all I'm saying. Nothing more. Take it for what its worth.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If that is all your saying, I agree with you 100%. Hopefully things will be much better.

By the way nice try Angela Lansbury...I think our friend Beechnut is the only one daring enough to have the same screen name on a public message board as he does on a private one. Very classy trying to call someone out by name though...the point of that was?????

Unfortunately I will never have the pleasure of sharing a cockpit with you Mr. J32. I'm sure I'm missing out.

Apparently Beechnut isn't the only one stupid enough to use his same username. Didn't really think much of it til someone called me out for something I didn't post. But thanks J32 anyways. Actually I don't think I even remembered my login name til I put 2+2 together from your "outing me" post. Been a while since I've posted anything on here. Since you felt free to post my name here for something I had no part of why don't you pm me on the airwilly board (i don't have the slightest clue how to get msgs from this board) so we can chat, I have no idea who you are but I'm glad you think you know who I am. By the way I have no opinion on either of your arguments, just curious as to why my name is popping up on here. Flyinpiker, it seems you know who J32, feel free to pm me also on airwilly and let me in on the secret.

Latest resources

Back