Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Carrier/Airplanes for UEX Aspen next year!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
pilot772 said:
I believe UAL has a no compete clause for their express carriers in hubs. Horizon would have to choose between Ual and Frontier

That's a non issue. As F9 embarked on it's expansion this month, it became clear that Horizon was not included to grow as well. I wouldn't blame them one bit for serving the blue bowling shoe.

rightrudder said:
it might have been in the post today but it's old news. The only thing that could replace the BAC is the Q400. Not a suped up RJ. The approach speeds are too high.

The CRJ 900 has a slower approach speed than the 200 because of the leading edge slats. I think they can handle Aspen.

superjet said:
Is the 905 a 900 with bigger engines on it and other mods?

Air Canada Jazz has them and they're actually the -700 airframe but with higher power engines and different winglets. I don't know of any other mods to the aircraft though.

logolight said:
Air Canada Jazz has them and they're actually the -700 airframe but with higher power engines and different winglets. I don't know of any other mods to the aircraft though.

Jazz flies the 705, which, I believe is a 700 with 900 engines. But don't quote me here.

It's not flying into ASE thats the problem, it's flying out after you lose one at V1. Anyone can do it with 6 pax. Doing it fully loaded is the issue.

crashpad said:
That's a non issue. As F9 embarked on it's expansion this month, it became clear that Horizon was not included to grow as well. I wouldn't blame them one bit for serving the blue bowling shoe.

No way would Horizon ever let go of F9. They are so proud of the operation in DEN. You'll have to kick us out. Which hopefully doesn't happen.

Ase

Lampshade said:
How is a plane certified to fly Aspen?

The Chq "kids" dont know anything about ASE. All they know is they get a 1 year upgrade thanks to AWAC mgt greed. What swept wing jet can do a 30 deg bank at less than 130kts, at max landing wt and also do balked landing on a single engine. Nope not the 170, or the 700. :rolleyes:

FL280 said:
The Chq "kids" dont know anything about ASE. All they know is they get a 1 year upgrade thanks to AWAC mgt greed. What swept wing jet can do a 30 deg bank at less than 130kts, at max landing wt and also do balked landing on a single engine. Nope not the 170, or the 700. :rolleyes:
Ladies and gentlemen we have a winner!!!

Latest resources

Back