Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Carrier/Airplanes for UEX Aspen next year!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FL280 said:
All they know is they get a 1 year upgrade thanks to AWAC mgt greed.

Easy there tough guy. The Amigos are not the enemy here. You still have a job and its obvious that you really don't know how that whole thing went down. If you wan't to blame someone, blame the monkeys in UAL World Headquarters for trying to force AWAC to fly at a loss. A loss that would have forced them to close the doors. Betcha you don't even know how close we were to not having jobs at all. Trust me... the Amigos are not the evil empire you accuse them of being.

Be patient and wait about 6 months.

dkwid said:
Jazz flies the 705, which, I believe is a 700 with 900 engines. But don't quote me here.

The Bombardier CRJ700 Series is powered by two General Electric CF34-8C5 engines, which are common with the CRJ900, allowing for greater commonality and lowered maintenance costs. While the advanced CF34-8C powerplants are more powerful, they are also more fuel-efficient than the engines on the Bombardier CRJ200.
The Bombardier CRJ700 Series comes in two sizes. The Bombardier CRJ700 Series 701 seats 64 to 70 passengers. The Bombardier CRJ700 Series 705 seats 75 passengers in a spacious two-class cabin.
When you consider the high cruise speed of Mach 0.825 and range of up to 2,000 nm, it becomes apparent why the Bombardier CRJ700 Series, with its room for 20-25 additional passengers, offers operators such a significant reduction in seat-mile operating costs.
Airlines also appreciate the high degree of commonality with the existing Bombardier CRJ aircraft, which allows for the operation of a mixed fleet of aircraft. In addition to sharing a common pool of pilots, airlines benefit from additional savings through common maintenance, ground support equipment, spare parts and customer support.

dkwid said:
Jazz flies the 705, which, I believe is a 700 with 900 engines. But don't quote me here.

Yeah, it's the -700 with the same engines as the -900 but according to Bombardier, the -705 is just more seating capacity.

FlyinPiker said:
Hilarious...........we can all uncross our fingers now. J32 has spoken.

Ummm... ok.... don't be patient and wait 6 months. Whatever keeps you from going home and kicking the dog.

J32driver said:
Ummm... ok.... don't be patient and wait 6 months. Whatever keeps you from going home and kicking the dog.

I take it from your random "kick the dog" comment you think I'm unhappy at Air Wisconsin. Well I hope your physic powers are better at seeing our future than they are at determining who I am. I am quite happy here despite some of the issues we've been facing during the transition am very greatful to be able to continue my career here operating for someone other than the "New (Bone us once, Bone us twice) United".

I think the majority of us have been being very patient and saying "Ah...I'll give it six more months to see how this all pans out" since United first entered bankruptcy back in 2002. It hasn't been getting prettier, but I'm still not planning on going anywhere.

My comment was simply directed at the typical ATW Insider "I know something you don't know" banter of:

Something ( be it good for us, bad for us, or perhaps keeps everything just the way it is) WILL happen.

Does that crystal ball of yours have any other details to share with us other than the obvious?

Yea...thought so.

FlyinPiker said:

Does that crystal ball of yours have any other details to share with us other than the obvious?

Yea...thought so.

Look... Jay... is it? I don't care who you are or what you believe. Give it six months for the transition and training to be done. Thats all I'm saying. Nothing more. Take it for what its worth.

J32driver said:
Look... Jay... is it? I don't care who you are or what you believe. Give it six months for the transition and training to be done. Thats all I'm saying. Nothing more. Take it for what its worth.

If that is all your saying, I agree with you 100%. Hopefully things will be much better.

By the way nice try Angela Lansbury...I think our friend Beechnut is the only one daring enough to have the same screen name on a public message board as he does on a private one. Very classy trying to call someone out by name though...the point of that was?????

Unfortunately I will never have the pleasure of sharing a cockpit with you Mr. J32. I'm sure I'm missing out.

rightrudder said:
it might have been in the post today but it's old news. The only thing that could replace the BAC is the Q400. Not a suped up RJ. The approach speeds are too high.
Rightrudder is, well, right. :-\

It has to do with manuverability, not climb performance.

The 146, and I guess the Q400, can do approaches and escape/missed manuvers at fairly slow ref speeds. If the avro is light enough, it has ref speeds in the 90's!

Latest resources

Back