• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Cargo Hauler

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why would this plane need to hold 22,500lbs of fuel? I'm not too familiar with the PW150, but wouldn't that be about 8-10 hours of endurance?

If the numbers are correct and this airplane is actually real and not some internet fake, it should be a useful aircraft. I wonder how many feeder aircraft one of these things could eliminate. At night it could make 15-20 minute turns at 3-4 airports on the way to the hub and in the morning do the same thing on the way back.

As a Shorts pilot I'm intrigued, but skeptical.

Well, with the kind of fuel and payload it can carry it could well be used for SAR and ASW work for nations that can't afford the P-(whateverthefrack) varient of the 737...

I would not hold my breath too much. The company behind is it "Utilicraft", which to me, and others, looked more interested in raising money to be wealthy, than actually producing an aircraft.

There was some controversy a couple years back in NM, when Utilicraft was going to get one of the NM native tribes to invest heavily , but was only going to get a relatively small amount of ownership, and if the venture failed, the people behind Utilicraft were going to be able to walk away with lots of money.

The deal was worked out behind closed doors so to speak, and once the actual details of it were public knowledge, there was no support for it.

That wouldn't surprise me at all...and even at twice the hourly cost you can run a clapped out old ATR for a long time for the cost difference of a new aircraft.

Are you kidding me, freight outfits don't fly "new" planes. That goes against everything that a freight dog knows. If it doesn't have at least 20,000 hours no one will buy it.

Latest resources

Back