New callsign for ASA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General Lee said:
I always thought it was "can't handle her" ???

Bye Bye--General Lee

And your wife stays with you even though you keep telling her you "can't handle her"?

You're probably also the one that tells tower that you had plus or minus 10 kts on short final when the wind is gusting ten knots. Riiiiiight?

GO AROUND said:
And your wife stays with you even though you keep telling her you "can't handle her"?

You're probably also the one that tells tower that you had plus or minus 10 kts on short final when the wind is gusting ten knots. Riiiiiight?

I had a captain try to make me report +/- 5 kts on short final when the wind was 12 gusting 17 kts straight down the runway. I pointed out the obvious to him and he got mad at me and reported it himself taxiing back in. Tower was like "oh, okay". Then he almost missed the taxiway to the ramp while reporting it. It was poetic justice.

Does it really matter what thw winds are...if they are within limits its the direction the nose was pointing on the approach, then just land going straight down the runway!

Mike Oxlong said:
Does it really matter what thw winds are...if they are within limits its the direction the nose was pointing on the approach, then just land going straight down the runway!

Then again, does it really matter if another guy wants to ask for a wind check? Certainly isn't worth you getting all wrapped around the axle over. Geez.

FmrFreightDog said:
Then again, does it really matter if another guy wants to ask for a wind check? Certainly isn't worth you getting all wrapped around the axle over. Geez.

Yeah, but when the ATL tower says the current winds every time he clears someone to land every minute or so? It's like they only listen when they ask for it.

I heard a controller tell somebody the winds were 270 at 1 gusting to 2 when asked one time. I'm not saying it was a Delta guy that was asking, it very well could have been an ASA or AirTran pilot. ;)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back