Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New C T182T NAV III - Leaseback to a 135 operator?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Have fun and shop smart, remember there's always a lot more planes for sale than people shopping for them. The only thing else I can add is to do an owner-assisted annual. I learned so much about my old plane after taking it apart, sanding off corrosion, inspecting,.,.,.,., and putting it back together. Even with it only being a Cessna knowing your airplane beyond the cockpit and oil dipstick is a great experience. HAVE FUN and fly safe!

Nobody will ever be able to convince me to spend $300K for a fixed gear single engine airplane. Hell, you can buy a REALLY NICE older Baron for that much. You can buy TWO decent older senecas. You can buy about 5 REALLY NICE Piper Arrows for that much. All will be just as good an airplane, if not better.

As far as 135, there's just not much demand out there for single engine. I've never seen one, to be honest with you, although my experience is limited. If you want to lease it back to a flight school, that is your best bet. But hell, I'd consider an older plane. $300K is insane when you can d-mn near buy an older Kingair for that much.

300K yea get an MU2!! A few single engine 135s down in Texas Bonanzas/Cherokee 6/C210s i think..but i guarantee their whole fleet didnt cost 300K. Wasnt there a courier company in the LA Basin (Long Beach Air Charter???) that used to use Archers or Cherokees?

yes, $300K is A LOT. Remeber though, thats not the the full out of pocket expense - figure 10% down. Still, doesn't sound like it comes close to subsidizing my training/personal flying. The reason for a new 182 was that I figured it would be more appealing to a 135 client than a beat up 20yr old plane.

The reality is that the $30K (not to mention maintenance, insurance etc.) would be FAR better spent on training at the local FBO... unless I found a sweet 70s vintage 172 :)

Thanks again for the responses.

Latest resources

Back