New base awards...Comair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Al,

I'm going to wait on JFK. I figure if the lines turn out to be good there will be somebody on reserve who got junior manned who will want to go back to CVG and I can trade, and be senior enough to hold same day commutables. But I never want to be the first to do anything around here!

JECKEL said:
No ... all new base awards are for the 40/50 seat CRJ.

I should have bid GSO CA. I would have had my weekends off.

Jeckel, roughly, where would you have fallen on the GSO list?

Why would Comair want the 328s. They have no maintenace, training, or operational knowledge of them. I know I and many others have a vested interest in Skyway getting some or all of the planes, but why at this juncture take on another new airframe with a checkered past, especially if you guys have the 170s coming. Just curious is someone is blowing smoke or not.

Thanks and to all those who got the bases they wanted congrats, and to all those waiting for some movement congrats.

D

PS Hey comair guys watch out there is a crazy guy on the loose over there who I know only as FeeFong

ROFL...

D, you so crazy!!!

No Dojets at Comair according to Fred today.

To answer IFlyForFood, I just got back from the lounge meeting with Joe Kolshak and FB. Fred's reply when queried about the 328's is that he hopes to never see them at Comair and that they would most likely go to Skyway for the same reasons as already speculated here (MX and training already setup, agreements with parts suppliers, etc). Now obviously mother Delta will decide where they go, but Fred was pretty emphatic that did not want them at all.

Last edited:
D 328's will not be at Comair. ACA just finished dumping the aircraft on Delta this week, and as soon as the Mx mess is figured out, Fred said its bout 90% certain Skyway will get them.

Feifong Wong!!! :D

chperplt said:
He said that Delta would give them to us, but he wasn't sure we could operate them any better than ACA did.

Why wouldn't you operate them any better then ACA.

Latest resources

Back