• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Avantair FO Payscale

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I thought the policy also extended to ferrying flights at one point. Glad to see the policy changed.

At one pont the policy did apply to some ferry flights. I understand that most Captains didn't get the memo during that time, though.

The contract is prorated - always has been. If you leave during your first year you may be responsible for paying back a prorated amount of your training costs. I've only heard about them going after one person who left immediately after training.

It is NOT Prorated you need to reread it.....

The contract is not pro rated. Read the contract again, unless they have come up with a new contract in the past week or two.

If I understand correctly upgrades are 10-12 months. IF that is correct then an FO who upgrades at 10 months would actually make LESS under the new scale.

Old scale=10 months @ $2500/mo=$25,000 + $5000 bonus=$30,000 for 10 months as FO

New scale=10 months @ $2917/mo=$29,170 + $0 bonus=$29170 for 10 months as FO

An 11 month Captain would still make less under the new scale, but not as much as the 10 month guy, and at 1 year it would be even.

IF upgrade were to be less then 10 months then the FO would be out even more on the new scale.

Does this make sense or am I an idiot?

Totally makes sense, but I think now most guys are upgrading at 13 months. They are in their grace month for FO currency, then Avantair sends em to Flight Safety for the upgrade.

Thats about what happened to me and most everyone in my class...

If I understand correctly upgrades are 10-12 months. IF that is correct then an FO who upgrades at 10 months would actually make LESS under the new scale.

Old scale=10 months @ $2500/mo=$25,000 + $5000 bonus=$30,000 for 10 months as FO

New scale=10 months @ $2917/mo=$29,170 + $0 bonus=$29170 for 10 months as FO

An 11 month Captain would still make less under the new scale, but not as much as the 10 month guy, and at 1 year it would be even.

IF upgrade were to be less then 10 months then the FO would be out even more on the new scale.

Does this make sense or am I an idiot?

Latest resources

Back