• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Avantair FO Payscale

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why does no one talk about the 22,000 dollar training contract? Whats up with that?

Is that prorated over a 1 or 2 year period (if you leave before the end of that period you need to pay the proportion back)?

Given that upgrades for "ready" FOs take place in about a year or so, what are the Captain rates in year 1 and 2?

Also, are FOs now allowed to land at Class B airports (after the gear-up landing at FLL) or has that reactionary policy remained firm? What's the update on that policy?

How about during training? Are you getting a full time salary during training or are you "on your own"? Do they put you up in a hotel during training? Single occupancy? How long does the training take? $22,000 contract does seem a bit excessive, especially since you don't need or get a type rating.

Also, any idea what the pay rate will be for the phenom light jets that are on order. Will they be flown single pilot or crew?

Is that prorated over a 1 or 2 year period (if you leave before the end of that period you need to pay the proportion back)?

Given that upgrades for "ready" FOs take place in about a year or so, what are the Captain rates in year 1 and 2?

Also, are FOs now allowed to land at Class B airports (after the gear-up landing at FLL) or has that reactionary policy remained firm? What's the update on that policy?

It is not prorated.You can also be fired and still owe the $.. 364 days after completion of IOE.

My intel was that the training contract is $18000, and is now prorated.

I dont work there, but I was told that while researchin for an upcoming interview.

Do you get the typical 2 weeks vacation from day 1?

Does it also work out the way that if you take 1 week off, you basically get 3 weeks off (7off/7on(vacation)/7off)?

Can bases be chosen by the pilots?

Thanks a lot guys.

The contract is prorated - always has been. If you leave during your first year you may be responsible for paying back a prorated amount of your training costs. I've only heard about them going after one person who left immediately after training.

Johnsonrod,

The FO policy was changed a long time ago - it's been mentioned on here several times. New FO's need to get some time in the plane before they can fly live legs - the policy is no longer unreasonable.

The contract is prorated - always has been. If you leave during your first year you may be responsible for paying back a prorated amount of your training costs. I've only heard about them going after one person who left immediately after training.

Johnsonrod,

The FO policy was changed a long time ago - it's been mentioned on here several times. New FO's need to get some time in the plane before they can fly live legs - the policy is no longer unreasonable.

I thought the policy also extended to ferrying flights at one point. Glad to see the policy changed.

Latest resources

Back