• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New ATA DC-10

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anybody know how many will be on the property and flying through the end of the year? Are furloughees being brought back into the DC10 or going to the 737/757 first? Are many current 737/757 or L-1011 pilots upgrading to the 10 now?

I think it looks way too plain. Need to add some color to the fuse!
Agreed. It would look amazing in the full 737/757 colors. Still hoping against hope to see at least 1 1011 in those colors as well. Last I heard, there's a -500 tooling around but without the large fuselage titles or tail logo.

Looks like 3 or 4 of ATA's DC-10's are going to World instead of ATA.

Let the whipsawing begin.

Hal,

I have said all along that I would like to see ATA operate those 10's that were bought by the holding company. I am sure they made promises or implications that this would bring all of the furloughs back and more. But I wonder how you and the ATA pilot group might feel if they decided to absorb North American's 757 and 767 fleet into ATA and do away with that duplicate certificate. that would serve to bring back all those pilots and more for sure and I have the impression that NAA crews are worried about this very happening.

I agree with the whipsawing concerns but in the end GAL bought those 10's and they will stick them where they can make money ASAP with them. We as a pilot group must resist the us and them as this will play into GAL's plans in the end. Good luck to us all and this sale is not approved just yet. Maybe WOA holdings will dump NAA and WOA can get back to making money again.

Hal,

I have said all along that I would like to see ATA operate those 10's that were bought by the holding company. I am sure they made promises or implications that this would bring all of the furloughs back and more. But I wonder how you and the ATA pilot group might feel if they decided to absorb North American's 757 and 767 fleet into ATA and do away with that duplicate certificate. that would serve to bring back all those pilots and more for sure and I have the impression that NAA crews are worried about this very happening.

I agree with the whipsawing concerns but in the end GAL bought those 10's and they will stick them where they can make money ASAP with them. We as a pilot group must resist the us and them as this will play into GAL's plans in the end. Good luck to us all and this sale is not approved just yet. Maybe WOA holdings will dump NAA and WOA can get back to making money again.

Everything that you've mentioned is already being discussed by ATA pilots. NA could be the first "whipsaw" casualty. Unfortunately, ATA/ALPA seems to be sitting on their hands, and the IBT's at NA and WOA are telling their membership that a merger is bad for them. This couldn't be further from the truth.

The "10's" were bought by ATA Holdings for ATA Airlines. GAL came later, and the "deal" hasn't been inked yet. Wait until July 18th. Now WOA is hiring into DC10's that were meant for ATA. ATA still has over 200 on furlough. The 10's are not ready yet, they have to be refitted and crews trained no matter who gets them. I doubt they'll be online any faster.

The three labor groups are chosing to be blind.

Last edited:
Hal,

Not sure why everyone jumps to the conclusion of folding in NA to some other company. We never were bankrupt, and continue to make money.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back