• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New AT to SWA training plan out

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree, cheers, beer, but those CA seat protections were given away after sl9, sorry, your recollection is faulty, your facts are specious, take care.

Yes dear, you are right again, I know. You have got the last word in dear, and you are right as always. Can we let this go now honey, please?

On 1/1/15, with the 717's now going away, 373 FAT pilots will still be F/O's but can hold CA by seniority. That number was vetted on both sides (ALPA & SWAPA) during negotiations; it played a pivotal role in a LOT of conversations on several different dates.

I tried to make your claim work, it just doesn't. I double checked my numbers, and Doug is still the most junior former AT guy below the 50% system seniority pilot. Look at Mr. #3866 on 1/15, not look up to the first former AT guy.

He will be the 318th most junior former AT guy still on our list on 1/15.

So even if not a single AT pilot had a captain seat on 1/15, the most it could be is 318. But you will still have 216 holding a captain seat; therefore, 102 not holding a captain seat below the 50% line (but again, 90 bid FO; hence the 12 displaced pilots).

Again, my observation is that by having 36 * B717 remaining (and the corresponding Captains) normalizes the list (to within a dozen pilots or so) versus them all being here and having guys hold captain seat outta seniority up to almost 1,400 pilots.

Again, it's just an observation.

Pardon any grammar, running ....

Cheers,

PS I was going to let it go, but your claim is so far off, it merited a follow-on post. Sorry bud, I'll buy the first frosty, though I'm JAFFO too

Some interesting rumors:

From MVDV: ATL domicile next year

From reliable sources in training: 700ish AAI-SWA transitions next year

Some serious cheese is being moved on the AAI side, if I was at AAI I wouldn't be happy (especially with AAI/ALPA) and I would expect my union to pursue the DR... I would also try to label SWA as dishonest in regards to the 717 even though public statements and historical record clearly show the company intended to divest itself of the airframe...

AAI got a bad deal on this SLI, sure you well get a raise and the opportunity to work at a great airline, but CAs will lose seats and upgrade times will be extended and folks will have to commute or sell their homes at a loss etc....but I don't think AAI should have gotten a better deal than this one...there is plenty of pain on the SWA side...especially the mid to junior FO level.

Some interesting rumors:

From MVDV: ATL domicile next year I'll believe it when I see it.

From reliable sources in training: 700ish AAI-SWA transitions next year That's going to be a real trick. The current TP only has 166 going to SWA the first half of 2013. They'd have to 'train' over 90 per month to meet that goal. Not going to happen.

For what it's worth...

I'm with Citrus on this one.

700 transitions? 166 through June, .... Maybe if we start flying the sims around the clock it'd be possible. But with PTs, PCs, & transitions, it's not going to be easy.

Latest resources

Back