Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

two(2)%

Yo:

Anyone heard anything new about the contract proposal supposedly in DHL's hands and subject to their approval?
wasn't this thing supposed to have been given the up or down by now? I'm anxious to see the details 'cause I hear it has some interesting scope language in it.

two(2)% said:
Yo:

Anyone heard anything new about the contract proposal supposedly in DHL's hands and subject to their approval?
wasn't this thing supposed to have been given the up or down by now? I'm anxious to see the details 'cause I hear it has some interesting scope language in it.

You mean like how Astar is supposed to fly all DHL branded volume in North America? Art Luby will make sure Astar takes over all the flying with his great scope lawyering skills!

Last edited:
FreightNazi said:
You mean like how Astar is supposed to fly all DHL branded volume in North America? Art Luby will make sure Astar takes over all the flying with his great scope lawyering skills!

- Astar pilots are expecting to hear something around Labor Day weekend -

Narco-leftseat said:
- Astar pilots are expecting to hear something around Labor Day weekend -

Good luck with your contract negotiations. I just hope with Art as your contract administrator, you get what is rightfully yours.

FreightNazi said:
Good luck with your contract negotiations. I just hope with Art as your contract administrator, you get what is rightfully yours.

How's that head injury (disability) SC? F-- Boy!

With DHL Int'l being the anti-labor, anti-union, jack-booted thugs that they are, I find it hard to believe that they will EVER give up scope. Things are very different now than they were 5 or 10 years ago, when it was actually kind of a fun job.

I just wish that Adolph Hitler, rather than raising his own army, had relied upon one comprised of a succession of low bidders performing under a series of renewable 90-day contracts. World War II certainly would have been much shorter and less bloody for all concerned, a fact which the latest performance figures from UPS, FedEx, and DHL seems to bear out.

Last edited:
Whistlin' Dan said:
With DHL Int'l being the anti-labor, anti-union, jack-booted thugs that they are, I find it hard to believe that they will EVER give up scope. Things are very different now than they were 5 or 10 years ago, when it was actually kind of a fun job.

I just wish that Adolph Hitler, rather than raising his own army, had relied upon one comprised of a succession of low bidders performing under a series of renewable 90-day contracts. World War II certainly would have been much shorter and less bloody for all concerned, a fact which the latest performance figures from UPS, FedEx, and DHL seems to bear out.

He should of had DU1. He would of given checkrides to all the allies, bust them and then fire them all.

Last edited:
FraidNazi. What a F--. This guy goes to work at ABX in the 90's. Couldn't stand it. Made everyone around him miserable. Down bid (?) and then left for UPS in 2000. Now (from what I heard) people there don't like him either, he has a head injury and is on quasi permanent disability. That's why he's able to post his flame seemingly at a moments notice. BTW, his good buddy leaked his name (Captain curmudgeon DS doesn't know much anyway). That's why everyone at ABX doesn't respond to him. He's a flamer F--.

FreightNazi said:

If Astar pilots really have such a clause in their contract scope proposal, rejected or not, ABX pilots might want to re-think letting Astar pilots ride ABX jumpseats to and from work.:angryfire

Last edited:
Don't need to get tit for tat on the seat. We need them to ride too.

Any such clause will go directly to court and stay there for years. First, due to our present and future "me too" clauses in our scope language. Second, it's been years and the first scope case hasn't been settled yet.

IF DHL/DP sign off on both sides' scopes then a merger is inevitable.

On another topic, having seen the UPS&FDX TAs I hope Astar doesn't even consider anything concessionary...we sure aren't.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back