New ASA/XJT Procedures

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For dojetdriver...

The staffing and our operation has reached a critical mass this week (ie maintenance issues, increased flying added at the last minute, commuter clause users, sick calls, personal issues, extended training for some pilots-new hires and upgrades, ground damage, weather, too much open time left from the original bid run, PBS issues, people not following the FOM policies, etc.).

We have recently caught the attention of both of our mainline partners at the highest level. It is important that we all work to pull the operation up this week and weekend.

I would not be asking for your highest attention to this issue if it was not critical. I know at times it may seem unbearable recently to come to work but it is important you push through this and help to improve our operation now.

It doesn’t matter how we got here but we need to show ASA runs a quality on time, reliable airline to our partners without delay. You do a great job and your attention to our operation is appreciated before, now and in the future.

Well, look at the bright side. We won't be understaffed for quite a while! Is there anybody out there really thinks they didn't know this was coming I'm the fall? Now we all know why they run thin for a few months.

Well, look at the bright side. We won't be understaffed for quite a while! Is there anybody out there really thinks they didn't know this was coming I'm the fall? Now we all know why they run thin for a few months.

Probably giving them too much credit, I was told by a "high level" source at the puzzle palace that the deal was done until gojets brought in a last minute bid to operate the jets below cost.

I have to agree that's giving them way too much credit. Secondly, we've run thin for a whole lot more than a few months. Lastly, the argument could very easily be made that we lost the flying due to our pathetically miserable performance resulting from us being understaffed.

Ask yourselves which is more likely.

While hyper focusing on this ridiculous merger, The brain trust over at the A-tech (another great name), who came up with the name SUREJET saw this potential loss of flying MONTHS AGO and in a shrewd strategic decision, decided to run the place as thin as possible for the eventual loss of said flying. After the expected loss of airframes comes to fruition MGMT breathes a sigh of relief as the plan worked flawlessly.

or

The totally incompetent Brain trust were ONCE AGAIN caught "flat footed". In a move to cut costs as much as possible, BH and company CROSSED THEIR FINGERS hoping we wouldn't put one in the dirt due to fatigue and 7 leg days. We PISSED off our major partner who decided to teach us a lesson about proper management.

So which is it?

PBS was supposed to save us MILLIONS!! ASA cant make it work. PBS works for EVERY OTHER airline that uses it.

I vote no confidence for our inept, inept management.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back