New ASA/XJT Procedures

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The answer to that one is:

777 is brain-damaged. You can tell by the fact that he chose to display the rear end of a horse in the spot where a normal avatar should be.

-

Glad to see its not just me. Every time I see that I think there is absolutely nothing attractive about it. Just too much.

Maybe he means "we" as in Skywest, Inc. Since ASA is a part of said company, I believe we is appropriate here. He never said when ASA bought ExpressJet. The real question is why do XJT guys get such heartburn when someone says we? Semantics really.

I'm goint to have to agree with 777 on going over the route and not the legs. If the PDC is different from the release or what's filed then the legs page wont really help you.

That's where all that pilot stuff comes into play. You know charts, paper, and common sense. One way or another I'm gonna verify the legs page before we leave the gate and some computer coded response from PDC on $75 paper is only some of the info I'm using.

Wow....you mean actually looking at the departure?

The ritalin generation would disagree.

Hey, it doesn't matter how we got here...

I see your point, but to some, it does matter how "we" got here. Starting with CAL backing XJT into a corner with Inc's help in 2008 along with the 8 million dollar "thanks for helping us punk XJT" prize they got. Never mind what SKW would have done had that gone through. To the current charlie foxtrot that that the integration of the two companies has become. Also, I'm pretty sure the "here" we find ourselves in would much more palatable as a menage a trois between the three separate companies held by Inc, as opposed to what's going on now.

Think about it, there'd be more than the "80 million dollars in synergies" being saved without everything being in triplicate and eventually just in duplicate. Also, management wouldn't be even less able to drop the fear grenade of having to cut costs to be "competititve".

The real question is why do XJT guys get such heartburn when someone says we? Semantics really.

Maybe the real questions is, why do ASA guys get the impression that since Inc used ASA to purchase XJT, they somehow singlehandedly had a say in what Jerry did, as well as the associated heartburn it causes the ASA guys that XJT pilots should have to inherit the crap that goes along with ASA?

You know, like certain ASA pilots that like to come on our message board and tell XJT pilots they better "get on board", then tell us to NOT vote for PBS. Or the ASA lifer that tries to lecture us about how great everything is at ASA, etc etc etc.......

Last edited:
PF now spins in altitude changes with AP on
1000 ft to level off call out now FL230 for FL240 or 8,000 for 7,000
Gear and Flaps 45 by 1000AGL now Liking the new changes, but Im wondering how many people will not read it or take 6 months to figure out the new procedures. About a year since the last round of OM changes and people still verifying the route with the legs page....

what a dork, you have to put everything on here don't ya :rolleyes:

CFI's comment was a joke referencing an infamous email from one of our fearless leaders at ASA...

My apologies then, I don't read all the stuff that gets put out by the ministry of propaganda at SureJet management. Sorry for missing the reference and spoiling a good joke.

So I apologize to CFI for not catching the sarcasm as I have a sarcastic sense of humor myself.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back