Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Well-hung Start

Think about this:

You are in uniform trying to commute to work as a Regional Pilot making about 25% of what a Mainline pilot now makes. You are S3C.

A RETIRED Mainline pilot, who not only earned each year of his career what it takes you about 10 years to earn now, but who retired several years ago with a lump sum which, in one check, exceeded your entire career earnings, is standby for the same flight. He is S3B.

That's what's happening!

But you're living the dream.

Um, yeah, but he actually worked for DELTA.... whom do you work for????
I mean, what do you expect? In case you didn't get the memo - free rides in life are hard to come by; take 'em where you can get 'em & don't bitch about what somebody else got.

socony_air said:
Um, yeah, but he actually worked for DELTA.... whom do you work for????
I mean, what do you expect? In case you didn't get the memo - free rides in life are hard to come by; take 'em where you can get 'em & don't bitch about what somebody else got.

Yo, asswhole.....

Can you buy a ticket on ASA? No...it's a Delta ticket.

Don't for a minute pretend that regional airlines are nothing other than ultra-low-wage alter-egos for big carriers that are looking to screw their own employees as well. You're next!

And what sense does it make to have retirees live off the fat, while the airline is hemorrhaging cash? Bad morale is the single largest liability for legacy carriers, after jet fuel. And having some ex-L1011 rich lardass captain ride for free while the workers get screwed argues for LIQUIDATION of the company......and not anything a bankruptcy court should allow.

Well-hung Start said:
Yo, asswhole.....

Can you buy a ticket on ASA? No...it's a Delta ticket.

Don't for a minute pretend that regional airlines are nothing other than ultra-low-wage alter-egos for big carriers that are looking to screw their own employees as well. You're next!

And what sense does it make to have retirees live off the fat, while the airline is hemorrhaging cash? Bad morale is the single largest liability for legacy carriers, after jet fuel. And having some ex-L1011 rich lardass captain ride for free while the workers get screwed argues for LIQUIDATION of the company......and not anything a bankruptcy court should allow.

Get a job at Delta.

Oh, well if he's a lardass, maybe we should take his pension too - that should trim some fat. We can't have anyone like that on the company dole while you go without your "entitled" free ride to work. I work for ASA. I've commuted for years, so I know it's frustrating not to get on - but that's the deal. Get over it.
By the way, what difference would it make to the bankruptcy court whether it's some lardass in the seat or your dumbass??? Neither provide any revenue.
Not to mention, your original post makes it sound like you're referencing a Mainline flight - not an ASA flight (where you may have had more of a point).

My understanding is that an ASA employee/family will have priority on ASA flights, regardless of pass classification.

Latest resources

Back