• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New ASA Capt. pay question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My check was at the end of the month. On the 15th of the following month I got recieved Capt. pay. I did not start IOE until the 23rd of that month.

Sorry, you lost me.

Which "check" was at the end of the month. Your paycheck, or your line check?

Are you saying that your checkride was at the end of month "A", you received CA's pay on the 15th (paycheck) of month "B", but didn't start IOE until the 23rd of month "B"?

If so, you lucked out, especially if it's been a while and good 'ole Van Rollins hasn't gotten ahold of you yet.

I know this has been covered here before, but I can't seem to find it, either here or on theirasa.com: What are the company minimums required to upgrade?

I'm pretty close to what I think the times are, but am still a few months away from having the seniority.

Thanks!

Sorry, you lost me.

Which "check" was at the end of the month. Your paycheck, or your line check?

Are you saying that your checkride was at the end of month "A", you received CA's pay on the 15th (paycheck) of month "B", but didn't start IOE until the 23rd of month "B"?

If so, you lucked out, especially if it's been a while and good 'ole Van Rollins hasn't gotten ahold of you yet.
Correct. Sorry for not making that more clear. Who is Van Rollins?

She's the _(w)itch in Crew Payroll who does the audits, or at least a portion thereof for the flight crews. She has made numerous errors in my stuff since I've been here, and it's always a struggle to get the money back. I usually have to go through Amy Plant, who is the manager, to resolve the issue. Van feels that everyone, except for herself, is a full blown idiot and that she does no wrong.

She just did an audit on my April pay, found an error of .50, which she was correct in per the contract. It had to do with deadhead pay....we're only paid the block, regardless of the length, and mine took .50 longer than the block, so I claimed it. However, on the audit cover sheet, she put that I was paid .75 too much, instead of .50, which was on the attached worksheet. Her biggest issue is that she can't do math, yet works in payroll. I was deducted the .75 and am now fighting her (once again, had to go through Amy), to get my .25 in pay back.

She's just so much FUN.
:puke: (payroll)

Last edited:
Easy answer.....ask Mary Jane. She knows all when it comes to pay. I heard her discussing this same matter with a new capt the other day.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back