• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New ASA Boarding Procedure w/o Pilots!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The big question: "How about them 'Emergency Exit Lights' that lead to the the emergency exits?" Who is going to arm those?

Fortunately, the flight attendant Emergency Light Switch is the one switch they have control over that will "override" the flight deck. It works regardless of flight deck selection of the switch.

As far as boarding without pilots, I see no problem with it.

Last edited:
As far as boarding without pilots, I see no problem with it.

Nor do I, as long as the company is OK with letting passengers sit on the airplane for long periods of time while their pilots get something to eat, hit the head, and hoof it from E to A. And you thought we had some surly passengers now!

Problems

jmoney take your meds. what if a fuel truck crashes into a delta jet at a15. fa's will do the same thing on us as delta fa's do. remember the letter says only at delta gates. and btw, the emer lite can be turned on from the fa phone panel, and gpu power can be turned on from the outside,they dont need the cockpit.

Maybe you missed the part about the ONE flight attendant we have on our aircraft. That means that ONE FA is going to be telling 50 panicked people what to do alone. How many passengers will totally lose their poop? Our FA is going to have to ask one of them to do this and another to do that, because our FA can't leave the aircraft?

This whole procedure is silly. It invites trouble and clearly was not designed for us. Comparing our plane to Delta's is not valid-they always have at least 3 or more Flight attendants available to handle things.

If anything happens, just wait and see what a legal poop storm comes up!

I wonder what will happen when the external flight deck power switch is left in, the aircraft is powered up and the display cooing fan goes inop. The CRTs burn up, the pax get evacuated, and fire services called on scene. Pilot Error, I'll betcha. Even though you were in the men's room. Sounds good.

how long is the FA going to be onboard before the pilots gets there? they usually walk over somewhat together from the last airplane to the new one and the pilots usually get there first anyway.

Who cares you bunch of babies, you'd send back a new car b/c the front window looked too clear.

This places no more responsibility on us, it just lets us get off the plane once power is established, we are not going to be held responsible for something that happened when we weren't on the aircraft. I got a response last week from a RIF I wrote back in Feb.

LET IT GO..... Someone else is making a decision other than you.

ASA=NO accountability

how long is the FA going to be onboard before the pilots gets there? they usually walk over somewhat together from the last airplane to the new one and the pilots usually get there first anyway.

That's just another questionable part of this policy: It will be a ready reserve FA. Sooo, this poor gal will be getting 1.50 an hour to babysity some of the potentially most angry passengers at the airport.

And, when the folks are boarded, they will want to know why they have to sit on the airplane. They answer that everyone will give them is that their pilots were not there time.

The problem with this place is that they come up with these schemes that do absolutely nothing to solve the core issues.

Bandaid City. That will be the new name of our hangar! I won!!!! I won!!!!

Good grief people, did any of you even read the memo or are you just joining the b1tching bandwagon because it makes you feel better?

1) They will only start boarding the aircraft when the pilots are on the ground and deboarding their current flight.

2) They aren't going to power up the entire airplane. All they have to do is hook up ground power and push the switch on the external power services panel to turn on the cabin lights. The cockpit will be dark except for possibly the dome light!

3) The flight attendant can use the emergency lights from her/his own switch.

4) You cannot be held responsible if something that happens to your plane when you aren't even there yet! Delta is taking this responsibility! Let them have it!

You guys need to actually read and understand the memo before you trounce it. Heck, we haven't even gotten the FOM revision yet which will lay out more details. Stop whining about crap you dont even know about.

Latest resources

Back