• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New ASA Boarding Procedure w/o Pilots!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The first time a passenger gets sick/dies while there is no flightcrew aboard will be the last time we board without pilots.

If something does happen at the airplane while the Captain is not on board, is he still responsible as PIC?

It'll be interesting to see how the FOM change is worded on this...

Oh well, I was at the GO today taking care of some paper work and some of the leaks I heard there, were that we had a TA at the last meeting but JA called and told BL not to sign anything until he had the Skywest Alpa vote over. For this he would help kick in some for the retro pay. Also that by making the Sept lines look as bad as they do, it would help him sway the undecided because they knew we all would bit-h about them. Supposedly this is why all the hush, hush from the last meeting. Who knows…stranger thing have happened? Is this legal?

The first time a passenger gets sick/dies while there is no flightcrew aboard will be the last time we board without pilots.

If something does happen at the airplane while the Captain is not on board, is he still responsible as PIC?

It'll be interesting to see how the FOM change is worded on this...

The memo says the aircraft and passengers will be under GCS (is that right?) control while the pilots are not there. Basically the gate agent and rampers. A lot of other airlines do this, I think I've boarded Delta flights before where the pilots have left to get food on a turn.

The memo says the aircraft and passengers will be under GCS (is that right?) control while the pilots are not there. Basically the gate agent and rampers. A lot of other airlines do this, I think I've boarded Delta flights before where the pilots have left to get food on a turn.

Once I re-read, I see what you mean.

It doesn't give me a warm-fuzzy feeling to know that passengers will be under the control/supervision/protection of the folks who are responsible for the morass that is the Delta ramp.

Guys don't get to excited about boarding without the pilots on the acft. Delta has been doing this for a long time. I'm suprised it took this long to come up with this program. The problem I see is ASA getting a F/A to the acft before us.

A little birdy in the GO told me that the contract was done at the last meeting also and Big D was at the meeting. I didn't hear about JA being the reason it's being held up I was told it was Big D, we shall see?

701EV

A little birdy in the GO told me that the contract was done at the last meeting also and Big D was at the meeting. I didn't hear about JA being the reason it's being held up I was told it was Big D, we shall see?

701EV

www.? What say you?

Hoser

Retards!

The way I see it, this is one of the dumbest ideas I have ever heard of!
We are supposed to trust that the "transient or reserve" FA has any clue what the hell is going on?
You know this is going to lead to trouble! Especially considering the fact that we only have one FA on the 50 and they will be unable to do anything if an emergency occurs!
This absolutely without a doubt will lead to issues! It is unsafe to board all those folks without any meaningful communications capabilities. I am not at all psyched about the idea of trusting some fool "transient or reserve" FA not to screw crap up for us all. If any mess happens, guess who gets violated?

Its about time !!

Guys, this is not a bad idea, THIS IS A GREAT IDEA!! Delta and other "REAL" airlines have been doing this for quite some time. To be completely honest it makes complete sense operationaly. I have been parking at B29 and B31 quite a bit this month, and I have to tell you that the ground air and power off of the jetways over there works better than our APU on the 200 at least. This is a sign of growth and progression for our company. I know some of our senior capts, who have thier head up their but are saying "Well this is no good, because I have to give clearance to board!" Well really folks, the cockpit crew should have no say when the boarding process begins or ends, if they want to board let them board, they cant push until you say so!! Last but not least, we all need to remember that in the midst of negotiations, pilot hiring and everything else that we are in the business of customer service, and safely getting the customer from point a to b to make a profit. This could be a great thing for all , dont kill it yet !! Fly safe

Is that Bryan? I've always been on the lookout for a guy with green hair, a red nose, lipstick and makeup on.

Well that is his normal look at home or off duty. He puts on makeup for work to look more "normal", kinda like the Joker in the first Batman movie or Krusty the Clown from the Simpsons.

Latest resources

Back