• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New ALPA Message to USAirways Pilots pt 3

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Have you read any of the results of the arbitration? Just curious?

Yes turtle I have. I only encourage 350 to read the transcripts of the actual hearings as opposed to the BagDad Bob version of how an east pilot should feel about how they went on that particular day. Then when one reads the Arbitrators results they will understand why he arrived at those conclusions.

Turtle specific to you, have you read any of the daily transcripts and reconciled them to what your leadership put out. If so how do you explain the disparity??

Irrelevent. The Transition Agreement calls for sharing all new deliveries. I know, all agreements with you guys get thrown out when they inconvenience you. At least you're consistent.

Not really sure how you take the wording of the transition agreement and turn it into "Calling for sharing all new deliveries" It states the Airline will "ATTEMPT" (another classic buffon statement found in Every ALPA contract) to have a bridge program in place. No where does it state it MUST have a bridge program in place.

It does state that Mgmt will determine which certificate new a/c would go to. Primarily based on which certificate was planning on being the surviving certificate.

This statement that the other 3 airplanes leaving is irrevelant is false is as good as the west explanation that 60-80% of our retirements are from the f/o seat..

The 757's delivered ended up being not growth aircraft, but replacement aircraft.
The 190's, well there was an agreement there too. Just get dougweiser to get that bridge program done, and you can have that right seat whenever you want it.

Transition agreement verbage....

The Airline Parties intend to consolidate operations under the US Airways
operating certificate and as such, should the Airline Parties acquire aircraft
in excess of the number identified for that airline in Attachment B, such
aircraft will operate as part of US Airways. However, in the event the
decision is made to consolidate operations under the America West
operating certificate, such additional aircraft will operate as part of
America West.
a) The Airline Parties will make reasonable efforts to provide notice
to ALPA of the intent to acquire such aircraft not less than ninety
(90) days prior to such aircraft entering service. To the extent
known, the notice will state the type and number of such aircraft
along with the Airline Parties’ decision regarding the placement of​
such aircraft at US Airways or America West.

b) The Airline Parties will make every effort to establish a bridge
training program as soon as possible to facilitate the fair and
equitable distribution of flying between the two pilot groups. In
the event that a bridge training program exists and the pilots from
the carrier receiving the bridge training have completed training, or
will complete training prior to the aircraft entering service, then the
Parties will meet prior to the operation of any such aircraft in an
effort to reach agreement as to which pilot group will operate those
aircraft.
c) The America West MEC and the US Airways MEC will agree
internally as to which pilot group shall operate such aircraft or will
implement a process, including binding arbitration if necessary, to
determine the Association’s position regarding the allocation of
such flying. In the event that the Airline Parties do not agree with
the Association position, then the dispute will be resolved in
accordance with Section X​
[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold].
below. The standard to be applied by
the Arbitrator in that proceeding will be the fair and equitable
allocation of flying between the two pilot groups. Nothing in this
paragraph will delay or prevent the Airline Parties from putting

such aircraft into revenue service.
[/FONT]

The 190's, well there was an agreement there too. Just get dougweiser to get that bridge program done, and you can have that right seat whenever you want it.

Where do you get your info?? There was NO agreement on the 190's. There was an arbitrator's decision handed down on the 190's. Did you already forget that? It states that untill we are working under one agreement the west cannot bid the 190's. Yet we are entitled to a percentage of the seats. Your delay, delay, delay tactics are nothing more than a land grab orchestrated by spiteful leadership with zero integrity.

So we are welcome to the right seat of your 190's Crzipilot? Wow you are so generous. What about the left seat? Maybe the west 'kids/rookies' (average age 47) aren't qualified enough in your opinion. what a joke...

Not really sure how you take the wording of the transition agreement and turn it into "Calling for sharing all new deliveries"
Thanks for posting the verbage from the TA. I don't see anything there that distinguishes newly acquired aircraft as being replacement or not. Hence, your argument that it somehow matters is not founded.
It states the Airline will "ATTEMPT" (another classic buffon statement found in Every ALPA contract) to have a bridge program in place. No where does it state it MUST have a bridge program in place.
This is a different topic and I didn't dispute it. The arbitrator ruled and though I disagree with his reasoning it's done (now there's a concept for the Easties to ponder!).

Strange, your stating the arbitrator ruled and now it's done. But aren't these very positions, the 190's and the 757's the same ones that you and green are crying about that is being witheld from you by east side delay tactics??

As to the agreement with the 190's, what I meant was the transition agreement covers how those new aircraft are handled. It went through the process and the arbitrator ruled. So what is your problem?? Oh I see....pesky easties keeping you from your rightful left seat????

I wonder if the West MEC has a group of volunteers just for the internet message boards?? As the majority of the spin postulated by the west side, alot of it the same hole ridden arguements. Granted there is a little dispute regarding the seniority list, but as others have said. There are avenues which are viable to be examined and that is being done. (Moreso ALPA is already setting it up for the thing to be implemented and the East MEC be made to look like they did everything they could do, save face)

Either way, I don't see what the issue is on the 190's and the 757's, please, post the arbitrators decision and explain to us how we are keeping you from your rightful positions.

Did you individuals ever fly anywhere else besides a regional / AmWest? 'Cause you certainly sound like a whiny bunch of SJS sufferers....

Strange, your stating the arbitrator ruled and now it's done. But aren't these very positions, the 190's and the 757's the same ones that you and green are crying about that is being witheld from you by east side delay tactics??

As to the agreement with the 190's, what I meant was the transition agreement covers how those new aircraft are handled. It went through the process and the arbitrator ruled. So what is your problem?? Oh I see....pesky easties keeping you from your rightful left seat????

I wonder if the West MEC has a group of volunteers just for the internet message boards?? As the majority of the spin postulated by the west side, alot of it the same hole ridden arguements. Granted there is a little dispute regarding the seniority list, but as others have said. There are avenues which are viable to be examined and that is being done. (Moreso ALPA is already setting it up for the thing to be implemented and the East MEC be made to look like they did everything they could do, save face)

Either way, I don't see what the issue is on the 190's and the 757's, please, post the arbitrators decision and explain to us how we are keeping you from your rightful positions.

Did you individuals ever fly anywhere else besides a regional / AmWest? 'Cause you certainly sound like a whiny bunch of SJS sufferers....

Try posting that on the ALPA boards with a name to back it up.

Which part don't you understand? Westies are entitled to seats on those planes but we don't get them until combined ops. You're deliberately delaying combined ops to spitefully prevent us from getting those seats.
As to the agreement with the 190's, what I meant was the transition agreement covers how those new aircraft are handled. It went through the process and the arbitrator ruled. So what is your problem??
I don't have any problem. I disagree with how the arbitrator ruled but I accept it.
Oh I see....pesky easties keeping you from your rightful left seat????
Finally, you do understand. Whether you like it or not we are entitled to those seats.
I wonder if the West MEC has a group of volunteers just for the internet message boards??
Nope.
Okay, I'll repeat myself: You're deliberately delaying combined ops to spitefully prevent us from getting those seats.
Did you individuals ever fly anywhere else besides a regional / AmWest?
Ah yes, the crutch of a weak mind. When you can't make an argument hurl an insult.

If you still don't understand how improper the actions of the East group are I don't give a crud. You're deliberately being obtuse. You can disagree with the Nicolau Award but eventually you will have to accept that binding really does mean binding. Sorry you had to go this far in life before realizing this but better late than never.

I don't have any problem. I disagree with how the arbitrator ruled but I accept it.

Wow, what a frickin' concept! Take note Easties.

The most ironic part of all this is that the USAIRWAYS MEC was the first to hurl the "ROOKIE" insult at AWA pilots. As a printed document.
I really don't give a Fu(k what you or I flew prior to this job. It has no relevance.
And the 757 and E190 issue was arbitrated and ruled on. PERIOD. It states that AWA pilots will be able to bid a certain percentage of those seats when the two groups are under one contract. That is black and white. I don't get what is so difficult to understand.
For the record AWA pilots were not real happy with the results of those two arbitrations. At no point did we challenge or attempt to circumvent those decisions. Legally or not. It's called integrity.

Somehow you think the West pilots personally didi something to you. You pushed for arbitration. Struck for an arbiter. You presented your case as well did we.

So how in Gods name did WE do anything personally to the East pilot group?

If you had recevied date of hire, would the east pilots for one minute re-negotiate that decision?

Tell me, would you?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back