• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New ALPA Message to USAirways Pilots pt 3

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't have a dog in the Airways fight, but it seems to dominate FI as of late.

WHEN (not if) NWA integrates Midwest, and WHEN (not if) we merge with Delta, it is going to force the other players in the industry to quickly find a dancing partner of their own. This stuff is in the works behind closed doors as we "speak". In my opinion when this goes down "The new USairways" will have to perform yet another merger to remain competitive in the industry.

You guys might as well save your breath (read Keyboards) cause there is a Sh1t Storm on the horizon and it's gonna make the current integration issues at Airways look like a kids pillow fight.

Fast:

you should respect their right to fight for what they believe they should have received from the integration.

A350

Could it be that what they believe they should have recieved is totally incorrect and thus their behavior is inappropriate?

So now we are suppose to respect a pilot group that does not honor its obligations because the screwing didn't go as planned??????

Don't have a dog in the Airways fight, but it seems to dominate FI as of late.

WHEN (not if) NWA integrates Midwest, and WHEN (not if) we merge with Delta, it is going to force the other players in the industry to quickly find a dancing partner of their own. This stuff is in the works behind closed doors as we "speak". In my opinion when this goes down "The new USairways" will have to perform yet another merger to remain competitive in the industry.

You guys might as well save your breath (read Keyboards) cause there is a Sh1t Storm on the horizon and it's gonna make the current integration issues at Airways look like a kids pillow fight.

Ohhh yes , what goes around comes around.

Fast:

In case you were wondering, the 2 BK's put you in the place you are now....

While you may not like working for USAirways, you will get more than you ever would have by just working for an independant AWA.

I am sure you are up late at night worrying about your future.....wherever you ended up on the list, there are a few hundred or so East pilots providing a nice cushion for furlough to the West pilots. Is it not true that the last AWA pilot has a lot more pilots beneath him now than he ever would under your old "growth" strategy.

The East pilots are doing what they need to to protect what they think is theirs....you would do no less and while you don't like it, you should respect their right to fight for what they believe they should have received from the integration.

A350

This post is by far the biggest piece of "Bravo Sierra" I have ever seen posted on the internet.

PHXFLYR

It just shows that if you tell yourself a lie enough, you will start to believe it.

Fast43 hit the nail on the head when he said:

"Could it be that what they believe they should have recieved is totally incorrect and thus their behavior is inappropriate?"

No A350, we should not respect their 'honorable' fight for what they falsely believe they deserve. The reality is that US Airways was a dying airline who was recessitated. They deserved a fair integration with their merger partner and got pretty much that...even a gift at the top of 517 pilots. What they WANTED was the whole enchilada and are pissing and moaning that they can't have it their way.

We would not do the same if the situation was reversed, and their stance garners no respect from their colleagues out West. To be frank - it's pathetic.

Hey 350,

Next thing you will be telling us is that a terrorist who blows himself and innocent people up is honorable and justified because of what they believe.

Please spend the time and get access to the transcripts of the Arbitration and educate yourself. The, we should get it all plan that the east had did not work and you should see why if you read them. Your ex fellow pilots are fighting a false battle.

CBoy:

It isn't where I am going....I am already gone. The letter hasn't been executed yet.

Fast:

Speaking of BS, what are you going to compare the East pilots fight to next, the holocaust?

Stick to flying buddy, because comparing these types of occurences to your petty seniority battle makes you look stupid.

PR:

I am sure if you had 20 widebodies flying to the far east and Hawaii you wouldn't mind slotting the East pilots who were flying all narrobody equipment into your top 500 or so, huh? I know, you AWA guys are the most respectable, kind hearted, and honorable pilots out there. You wouldn't raise a stink at all because of your union spirit and honor to the profession. Guys, this is business....nothing personal.

Those positions are so contentious to you West guys, and for the life of me I can't figure why. They are flying aircraft you didn't bring to the table and you only got a 4 year fence. When 65 comes down the pike, you will have a zero year fence.

A350

CBoy:

It isn't where I am going....I am already gone. The letter hasn't been executed yet.

Fast:

Speaking of BS, what are you going to compare the East pilots fight to next, the holocaust?

Stick to flying buddy, because comparing these types of occurences to your petty seniority battle makes you look stupid.

PR:

I am sure if you had 20 widebodies flying to the far east and Hawaii you wouldn't mind slotting the East pilots who were flying all narrobody equipment into your top 500 or so, huh? I know, you AWA guys are the most respectable, kind hearted, and honorable pilots out there. You wouldn't raise a stink at all because of your union spirit and honor to the profession. Guys, this is business....nothing personal.

Those positions are so contentious to you West guys, and for the life of me I can't figure why. They are flying aircraft you didn't bring to the table and you only got a 4 year fence. When 65 comes down the pike, you will have a zero year fence.

A350

Probably right just getting a little frustrated trying to be rational with you all.

The reason for the interest in upgrade from our guys is that in May 05 we were hiring and upgrading and as a result of the merger this stopped. At the time of the merger you guys were not hiring and upgrading. but now you guys are the only ones enjoying the result of the merger. That is the source of the frustration you hear about.

Have you yet read any of the transcripts from the arbitration. Just curious?

Latest resources

Back