• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Alaska Negotiations Thread

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Whoever-owns-Frank-Lorenzo's-screen-name for ALPA President! (And Teamsters President, for that matter.)

Who'd have thought that amidst all the dripping sarcasm, we'd have a real prophet of "taking in back" on our hands.

I hear the TA is C L O S E......the cash better be there as well as language for the reserves.

On another note: MEC struck a deal w/ the CO to cancel 18 furloughs. The pilots not being furloughed are going to remain in their current position regardless of seniority until the April bid comes out Mar 13th. Some pilots being forced out of base out of seniority.....Any comments Lorenzo? A lot of ticked off pilots here...I REALLY hope the TA is worth it!

Baja.

I hear the TA is C L O S E......the cash better be there as well as language for the reserves.

On another note: MEC struck a deal w/ the CO to cancel 18 furloughs. The pilots not being furloughed are going to remain in their current position regardless of seniority until the April bid comes out Mar 13th. Some pilots being forced out of base out of seniority.....Any comments Lorenzo? A lot of ticked off pilots here...I REALLY hope the TA is worth it!

Baja.
Up to 19 furloughs canceled....two are going to take reduced bid block reserve lines.

so what are the proposed rates? Did I miss it somewhere in this thread? Are you guys unwilling to discuss them for some reason? Hopefully you get a considerable raise. This fighting over the scraps from mgt's table BS has got to stop someday...

As far as I can tell, we're asking for captains to get a raise slightly ahead of inflation. For F/Os we're asking for 9% initially, plus cola.

On the one hand, what we're asking for is embarrassing. On the other hand, we have two companies up our a$$ on the west coast that pay their captains less than half our pre-Kasher rate.

like flying with some koolaid drinking old farts who won't think twice about putting their young under the bus. I'm so tired of hearing these guys say, "This is it for me. I can't make what I'm making here elsewhere. You are young enough to get a job somewhere else and start over, but I can't just pick up and do that". Fortunately, they are the minority but they are out there. They've been bent over so many times that their a$$es are numb.

I thought this thread was about Alaska, not AirTran

Baja.

I think that's why they're not fighting for the bottom guys right now. They're too busy playing nice for the mediator to put up a fuss about the furloughees.

Latest resources

Back