• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Alaska Negotiations Thread

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I must be one stupid pilot as I can't keep up w/ what the F' is going on.

What's the current expected furloughs?

Are the March bids going to hold?

Is SNA flying back? 203, 205, ???

Arrrggghhh.....

Baja.

I heard through second hand that the CPs had called a pilot - not in the top 15 - and told him that he wasn't going to be furloughed at all and should plan to be here, working in March.

I don't know how that would work, but if it's true, I like it.

Since I'm out on Monday, I'd be interested in knowing that source a little better than second hand......

I heard through second hand that the CPs had called a pilot - not in the top 15 - and told him that he wasn't going to be furloughed at all and should plan to be here, working in March.

I don't know how that would work, but if it's true, I like it.

They cancel the furlough and the associated reductions.

They cancel the furlough and the associated reductions.

I thought it was an all or nothing thing. Either 45 are canceled or none.

My friend was pretty clear on the details. Of course, that doesn't mean he was right.

call your reps

I recommend you call your status reps or contract compliance volunteers with your questions, instead of reading the tea leaves and second hand rumors.

And how do they have any more information that the rest of us? Does management hand them the secrets of their actions and trust them not to tell us? The rank and file?

From what I was told, they aren't going to go for the throat on this because it will look unfavorably to the NMB and I agree with that. However it has nothing to do with the companies inability to pay a higher rate. They can and have all but admitted to that.

Sweet! Another pu$$y union.

I have to sit back and thank the powers that be everytime I read comments like this. You guys make our jobs SO much easier.

I'll bet you have guys on your union that are calculating how much pay per hour will put the company into bankruptcy. I love it when pilots with zero experience in accounting or corporate goverance try to play make-believe CEO or CFO. Usually, us executives have to go out of our way to scare the pilots into a paltry raise and giving up productivity. However, I see in this instance, ALK-ALPA is doing all the work. Thanks guys!

Just remember, times are tough right now. Any pilot pay raise puts the airline in immediate danger of bankruptcy and liquidation. Also, a quick reminder that Alaska is a "smaller" airline, befitting smaller pilot wages. Those high fallutin wages like UAL and DAL had are a thing of the past, and is what put both of those companies into bankruptcy. Sticking with a shamefull 3% COLA raise and conceding a couple of dozen work rules is the smart thing to do.

Thanks again suckers!

Frank
(Oh yeah, don't forget to set up direct deposit for your "profit sharing" check. We want to know where to deposit the sum of $0.00 ever year. HA!)

so what are the proposed rates? Did I miss it somewhere in this thread? Are you guys unwilling to discuss them for some reason? Hopefully you get a considerable raise. This fighting over the scraps from mgt's table BS has got to stop someday...

Latest resources

Back