• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

GOULET!

Oh look..a bighorn!
AirTran to disclose 11 new departures on Tuesday

By Tom Daykin of the Journal Sentinel
Posted: Feb. 9, 2009 11:06 a.m.
AirTran Holdings Inc. (AAI) will announce details Tuesday of its plans to add 11 more daily departures from Milwaukee's Mitchell International Airport, the company said today.
AirTran's current schedule has 19 daily departures from Milwaukee to nine cities. The increase to 30 daily departures will come this summer, during the peak travel season.
Orlando, Fla.-based AirTran considers Milwaukee one of its strongest potential growth markets, in part because of last fall's 40% national schedule cutback by Oak Creek-based Midwest Airlines Inc.
Midwest is still Mitchell's largest carrier, flying 93 daily departures to 29 cities. But Midwest's market share at Mitchell, for many years at around 50%, was at 38% in December. AirTran, the No. 3 carrier at Mitchell, had 18% share.
AirTran on Tuesday also will announce a job fair for new Milwaukee positions, and a new partnership with YMCA of Metropolitan Milwaukee.

Doesn't say anything about new cities but 11 departures is still a fairly big jump for MKE so I would assume there will be at least 1 new city pair announced.

Some of our pilots say SWA has tv ad running in Milwaukee area. With the demise of Midwest, and Airtran beefing up flights, I think this would be a move SWA would look at. There was the rumor here of another city announcement in 2009....any bets?

Some of our pilots say SWA has tv ad running in Milwaukee area. With the demise of Midwest, and Airtran beefing up flights, I think this would be a move SWA would look at. There was the rumor here of another city announcement in 2009....any bets?
Hmmmm TV Commercial in the Milwaukee area? Do realize how close Milwaukee is to Chicago? Were you watching WGN? My grandma in Menominee falls can pick up WGN with her rabbit ears. But seriously, I don't think SWA wants to pull from there own hub and compete with themselves. They are too smart for that. But luv had better watch out for the tranny with gas at next to nothing and all their hedges cleared out they will be a force to reckon with. I can see some flights from milwaukee to mcw though.

Don't laugh, Mason City is on the rise. There local economy is booming and pretty much all the airlines will be competing for gate space/market share. Expect a major hub to develope by one of the majors, and yes, lots of traffic from MKE to/thru MCW.

Do a google on MCW and you will begin to realize the economic impact that it has on a global scale.

Don't laugh, Mason City is on the rise. There local economy is booming and pretty much all the airlines will be competing for gate space/market share. Expect a major hub to develope by one of the majors, and yes, lots of traffic from MKE to/thru MCW.

Do a google on MCW and you will begin to realize the economic impact that it has on a global scale.

Yes my son you have learned and progressed well under my tutelage. Of course I meant Mason City, Iowa they're on the way to beating out FOD and next will come ATL in overall pax enplanement.

...Of course I meant Mason City, Iowa they're on the way to beating out FOD and next will come ATL in overall pax enplanement.

Of course you meant Mason City, the sprawling metropolis of 30,000 covering an impressive 26 square miles.

I see that the letters C and D are next to each other on my key board, could there be some spinning going on here?

Mason City is a city in Cerro Gordo County, Iowa, United States. The population was 29,172 at the 2000 census (2005 estimate 27,909) and has stayed close to 30,000 since 1995.

Mason City has a total area of 26.2 square miles (67.8 km²), of which, 25.8 square miles (66.8 km²) of it is land and 0.4 square miles (1.0 km²) of it (1.45%) is water.

Recs: 0

I guess it is in our system, have not read any official report from the company but looks like someone all ready did the leg work.

Re: MKE-Branson?

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/general_aviation/read.main/4311852/#44

Vivavegas From United States, joined Apr 2004, 469 posts, RR: 1
Reply 44, posted Tue Feb 10 2009 03:42:29 your local time (32 minutes 17 secs ago) and read 164 times:

It is loaded. STL MSP DEN BKG (Branson) TPA ATL SAN SEA LAX BWI LGA BOS LAS MCO

I see the chance of Southwest coming to MKE at about 0%. MDW is too close. Probably just a couple new summer destinations and an increase in frequency to a few existing cities.

Latest resources

Back