• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Airbus A390

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The Sad thing is that the first 2 people that read the thread actually bought that... pretty funny...

Don;t you think it would be a little difficult to bowl in turbulence? Not to mention try to putt on a mini-golf course.:)

or the swimming pool?! lol!!! dead give away, tho that'd be pretty badass!

Ummm

Only Eramites or Aeroflot, the gov't subzidized airlines could fly it.

BTW: How would you log it umm heavy, Milti- pic?

Steveair said:
Has the Airbus been able to demonstrate that the A380 can be evacuated in 90 seconds yet?

Not yet! The test keeps getting announced and then postponed. The last date it was scheduled for was this summer, and last I've read was it will be "in the Fall".

It's an extremely expensive test to run, and obviously carries a lot of political risk should it fail. There are a lot of experts who believe the A380 doesn't have enough emergency exits- either to pass the test or to be a safe aircraft. I'm sure Airbus is doing everything they can to try to pass the test before they run it.

They're going to run the test with 700+ passengers on board, to establish a maximum certificated capacity for the high-density Asian markets. Most of the airlines that have signed on are planning on a three-class configuration with around 560 seats.

Steveair said:
I pitty the passengers that will learn that it will take 2.5 hours to get their bags from baggage claim.

2.5 hours to get their bags to baggage claim...then another 2.5 hours fighting to get their bags.

It's gonna be a mess...

-mini

EagleRJ said:
Not yet! The test keeps getting announced and then postponed. The last date it was scheduled for was this summer, and last I've read was it will be "in the Fall".

It's an extremely expensive test to run, and obviously carries a lot of political risk should it fail. There are a lot of experts who believe the A380 doesn't have enough emergency exits- either to pass the test or to be a safe aircraft. I'm sure Airbus is doing everything they can to try to pass the test before they run it.

They're going to run the test with 700+ passengers on board, to establish a maximum certificated capacity for the high-density Asian markets. Most of the airlines that have signed on are planning on a three-class configuration with around 560 seats.

I'm hearing at the earliest next year.

Latest resources

Back