New:2004 NetJet Payscales!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All the replies

cgmason1: I thought I had heard that NJ posted a loss lately, but also heard that was due to European operations. If they got the money, all of you guys deserve a big chunk.

Live4flying: Just curious how posting a 12 million dollar plus profit last year is struggling. Lost money in the last quarter, but still came out way ahead. Fuel prices are hurting everybody right now, and Frontier had a one-time expense in the last fiscal year when they joined up with Horizon to make Frontier Jet Express. The fuel prices will return to something normal sometime soon, and F9 will continue to post a profit. I have no worries, or else I wouldn't have taken a 23K paycut to come here.

As for what I think a NJ pilot should be making, who cares about my opinion, but here it is. I think that the payscale should be by cabin size, weight, or something similar. While flying an Ultra or a Falcon 2000 is technically the same, the Falcon driver should get paid more because his responsibility is higher (as in the airplane costs more and can carry more passengers, meaning more liability for him). Here are numbers that I think would be fair and reasonable. First year captain in the Ultra 75K, with an annual 4 percent raise, and a 16 percent raise in year 5, giving a total around 98K. Sound reasonable? If you guys can get more by all means spend it while thinking of me.

cgmason1 and FracDaddy: I am going to be leaving for the airport for my first tour in the A319 in 3 hours. I have a 1400 show time, and I am going to be on the road for 31 hours, and then I will be home for 3 days. I know exactly where I am going, so I can pack for the weather. I don't have to ride in the back to get to work, my hotel room was set up years ago, along with my ride there. I don't have to throw any bags, file any flight plans, I finally get an airplane with an APU, and I will NEVER have to fly into Teterboro again. From my required observation rides I do believe the grass is greener over here, but when I get back Wednesday night I will come back and post my opinion of 121 line flying.

Until then, clear skies everyone.

Jetsi

Jetsi,

Congrats on the Frontier job!

Man, I have to tell ya - I REALLY miss the 121 flying...guess like bad relationships you tend to forget the bad stuff (ie. 16-hour duty days, we don't have those at NJA, 8-hour reduced rest overnights, etc....etc....) and remember all the good stuff....like walking on, turning left and closing the door.

Good luck at Frontier and I hope we make you mad you left the fractionals. :eek:

I just finished my first 121 line experience . . .

and all I can say is when can I do it again. It was freakin awesome!

Some (or all) of the fun may disappear eventually, but that was just the coolest thing ever. Sitting in a nice cold cockpit when it was hot as hell outside, had pukers on two flights and I didn't need to worry about cleaning (wasn't technique, CO in the summer is just plain BUMPY). Decent hotel, 19 hours of rest between gigs, and a great group of people to work with.

I was kinda nervous on the first leg, it being all new and stuff. I am still learning the operational techinques to the Airbus, but what a great airplane. Coming in to DEN tonight made a greaser on 16L (and it was ALL LUCK). Had a little girl, probably 3 years old, who wanted to see the cockpit. We talked for a few minutes, and when she left she gave us both a hug and a kiss on the cheek. What a change from "Would you like your arse wiped from front to back or back to front?"

Listen to me (or read me ;-) ), I am babbling like a schoolgirl. But I knew there had to be a job out there like this. I am just stoked.

If you are considering leaving the frax industry, I wouldn't have any second doubts about it. I know I won't overnight in TEX or ASE again, but I won't go to TEB either.

Anyway, gotta call it a night.

Clear skies,

Jetsi

Congrats Jetsi-sounds great.

How do you like the Airbus?
Been looking at the numbers for the A320 and can't get past the fact that they are all screwy since the conversion from the metric system.
169,754 max t/o wt.....what the!!!

Fly Safe
Chuck

Jetsi said:
If you are considering leaving the frax industry, I wouldn't have any second doubts about it. I know I won't overnight in TEX or ASE again, but I won't go to TEB either.

Anyway, gotta call it a night.

Clear skies,

Jetsi
Careful, I remember thinking that when I got my Major airline gig that "I would never go to TEB again"
Three years and a furlough later and I am not only going back into TEB, but also as an SIC at about 1/3 the pay I used to get.
Hope it doesn't happen to you but never say never.
DDave

Last edited:
The next morning

The numbers on the Airbus are screwy. Fortunately those are about the only numbers you need to know. N1 and 2 speeds on the P&W were screwy, and so were flap and gear speeds on the LJ35 (not 200 knots, but 202 knots).

They are in the process of changing the brass around to the new logo, so I don't have any for my hat, meaning I don't have to wear my hat. YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

And if I become a REAL airline pilot and get furloughed I will probably go work at the supermarket. But I refuse to believe that could happen, just because I don't want that little cloud sitting over me all the time. Take the punches as they come.

But this thread is now way off of its original aspect. Lets get back to it. How were my proposed numbers? Right on, too high, too low? At NJ when you make captain do you go to a first year captain pay like FLOPS or do you get credit for years in service. Just in case someone asks what I think a 2000 driver should get paid, I want to know how it works over there.

Show me the money!

Jetsi

"What is the difference between what an airline captain and a fractional captain? I mean all we do is sit up front and push buttons. But the pay is wayyyyyy different. Some things that I do that my airline captain wife doesn't.

fuel plane
clean plane
get their catering (make sure it's right)
open their car door
get their bags out and load them
brought the kitchen sink now i've got to figure out what to do with it
brief the owners
take off with them taping me on the shoulder before v1
serve food
serve drinks
figure out where your ride is at the fbo
do some circling aproach to some "really important airport" (read middle of nowhere)
get the bags out and the kitchen sink
pull the car around
load the car while the owner tips the line service who did nothing
clean the plane
stock the plane
cover the plane
figure out where the hotel is
try to find a ride to the hotel but nobody can give us a ride
ride in some smelly cab while the guy rips us off
overnight.

now repeat this 5 times a day for 7 straight. So are fractional pilots overpaid? I don't think so. I'm just trying to bring the pay up to the industry standard. That's the point we're not even close to the industry standard. So yes i'm underpaid."

Sounds like a pretty shi!!y job. You guys do need a pay raise.

Jetsi said:
and all I can say is when can I do it again. It was freakin awesome!

Some (or all) of the fun may disappear eventually, but that was just the coolest thing ever. Sitting in a nice cold cockpit when it was hot as hell outside, had pukers on two flights and I didn't need to worry about cleaning (wasn't technique, CO in the summer is just plain BUMPY). Decent hotel, 19 hours of rest between gigs, and a great group of people to work with.

Listen to me (or read me ;-) ), I am babbling like a schoolgirl. But I knew there had to be a job out there like this. I am just stoked.

Jetsi,

I'm happy you are enjoying the "incredible eclectic jet". I too remember my 1st leg flown in the A320. Two cheeks in every seat, 2 jumpseaters... CLT to LAX, greaser on 24R and the whole deal. You couldn't wipe the smile from my face that errupted as I heard those CFMs spool up and start developing TOGA thrust. Heck, I nearly forgot my callouts on takeoff roll!!

Enjoy but temper yourself. You are rightfully excited BUT... Nothing lasts forever and NEVER say NEVER. The improbable can (and in this industry) evetually DOES happen. The FRAX industry is an infant still. It has yet to flesh itself out...

FLYLOW

P.S. USMC319... Why the hell did you ever clean up puke?? That's what FBOs are for dude!! HAHAH!!

Jetsi,

The paysacale at Netjets is time with company, not time in seat. If you upgraded at 2.5 years you are on 3 year captain pay...... as for pay ? I wants lots, and lots.

Have a Happy!

Something has been missed here. NJA pilots will not get a pay raise because they clean airplanes, or because they load baggage, or because they fly alot of legs, or because they do long duty days; blah blah. Management could care less about that. They do care about selling a service. If the pilots are not happy then the customers will not be happy then the company will not be able to sell their service. Thay have a vested interest in our happiness and they know it. They must keep pilots somewhat happy due to the demanding clientele we deal with. Fractional pilots do not walk into the airplane, turn left and close the door.

Latest resources

Back