• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New 1500 hour rule first affected

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Saying "it's not right", is not a substitute for facts.

There are no binding bilateral agreements in existence.

The only bilateral agreements known are the freedoms of the air agreements, which again, are non-binding, and Restricted all the time by federal law. Cabatoge as an example.

This thread is all over the place. Since flop has all the answers- can you tell us flop, what regurgitating the Houston debate that you lost handedly via common sense, has to do with the 1500 hour requirement this thread is about?

Ahahahaha! This chump just can't stand that I'm always right, and he has absolutely nothing to add to any subject. No wonder he is jealous. Funny stuff.

Bye Bye---General Lee

But, I'm right, you're after that 20K.....

You need a hobby!

But, I'm right, you're after that 20K.....

You need a hobby!

No, you want me to stop something I enjoy, which is sad. I have other hobbies, but I enjoy the airline industry, the topics on this website, and the banter. I have enjoyed this website for over a decade, and YOU want to stop that. Thanks a bunch! Instead, I'll stick around, enjoy the debate and showing guys like you how little you truly know about airline topics.

How many posts will I write? Who knows? But I enjoy each one. Thanks for caring!

Bye Bye---General Lee

This thread is all over the place. Since flop has all the answers- can you tell us flop, what regurgitating the Houston debate that you lost handedly via common sense, has to do with the 1500 hour requirement this thread is about?

Jobs and scope. Continental employees worked very hard to protect both. Every time SWA is excused from the rules or gets a handout, the effects get taken out us. I could understand if we were losing ground to SWA on a level playing field, but that is not the case. You can not beat us on a level playing field. Houston is a perfect example. We've been over this.

Common sense?! Where is the common sense in having two FIS in Houston? In building a 55 million dollar parking garage when you guys claim credit for building the "entire project?" (That's a full third of the entire cost). And where is common sense in the snake oil claims SWA made to get this done? 1.6 billion boost to Houston economy, 10,000 jobs (convenient number), and a $130 dollar ticket to Bogota!? Common sense would be to shut this down ASAP. You got this snuck by because one weak mayor felt snubbed.

I want one of you SWA guys to try to explain to me how you imagine you deserve space be made for you at the airports you want to fly to? Take San Salvador for instance. There is no gate space; It's maxed out. You believe you deserve to be shoehorned in and then turn around and tell TACA to build their own terminal if they want a fair shot at Hobby?

We don't compete well with United?

I'm pretty sure we've done quite well in Denver. Exploded actually. You know we have a new base there right?

There are plenty of other destination we will fly to out of HOU, El Salvador may or may not be apart of that growth.

Your CEO had every opportunity to come talk to the Houston City Council and didn't. So I'm not sure you can say your employees worked hard to protect the company....when your CEO didn't bother.

You have a very anti-SW slanted view Flop. Business is business.

Jobs and scope. Continental employees worked very hard to protect both. Every time SWA is excused from the rules or gets a handout, the effects get taken out us. I could understand if we were losing ground to SWA on a level playing field, but that is not the case. You can not beat us on a level playing field. Houston is a perfect example. We've been over this.

We HAVE been over this, and everything you've claimed has been refuted. You've never once shown ANYTHING that qualifies as a "handout" for SWA. Your only example was to claim the Wright Amendment, but that was promptly shoved up your keister when you got it wrong.

Common sense?! Where is the common sense in having two FIS in Houston?

The "common sense" is in having more than one airport that airlines fly internationally out of. Like the two international airports in the NYC area (JFK, and EWR). Like the two in the DC area (IAD and BWI). Like the two in Miami (MIA and FLL). Like the three in Los Angeles (SNA, LAX, and ONT). Et cetera. And these are just the first instances that come to mind. It really hasn't occurred to you that major metropolitan areas may need or want more than one airport to fly internationally out of? And it may interest you to know that there's actually fewer miles between MIA airport and FLL airport than it is between IAH and HOU. And almost exactly the same mileage between JFK and EWR as between IAH and HOU. Your "common sense" would dictate that all New Yorkers should fly internationally out of EWR alone, since that's where YOU put your hub. Do you not see how dumb (or actually, self-serving for CO/United Airline) your argument is?

In building a 55 million dollar parking garage when you guys claim credit for building the "entire project?" (That's a full third of the entire cost). And where is common sense in the snake oil claims SWA made to get this done? 1.6 billion boost to Houston economy, 10,000 jobs (convenient number), and a $130 dollar ticket to Bogota!? Common sense would be to shut this down ASAP. You got this snuck by because one weak mayor felt snubbed.

The city of Houston agreed to build a parking garage for the terminal SWA is building, solely for their own benefit. The CITY will rake in all the parking revenue. All of it. The parking garage will be a cash cow for the airport; their numbers guys saw this, and jumped at the opportunity. Again, your "common sense" would deprive the HOU airport of much-needed revenue, as well as the people of Houston a choice of airlines. I suspect your "weak mayor" was actually smarter than you think. At the very least, he has a lot more foresight than you.

I want one of you SWA guys to try to explain to me how you imagine you deserve space be made for you at the airports you want to fly to? Take San Salvador for instance. There is no gate space; It's maxed out. You believe you deserve to be shoehorned in and then turn around and tell TACA to build their own terminal if they want a fair shot at Hobby?

Sure, I'll be happy to explain this. Airlines "deserve" space based on market conditions. If there's a market, the market providers (airports, etc) will make space to promote it. If there's actually no free gate space in an airport, and the airport wants a particular airline to serve it (due to market desire), than they'll build new facilities to accommodate. It's that freakin' simple, Flop.

Southwest serves airports that want our service and that we think we can make money at. You really don't think that there's airports south of the border that aren't chomping at the bit for our service, like there are north of the border? We can only serve airports that want our service, and if they want us bad enough, they'll make it work. It's up to an airport to provide room if they want our service, including expansion if necessary. If TACA (or anyone else, including Unical) wants to serve HOU internationally, than that's up to the HOU airport authority to find a way. If they think it's a serious market request, than they WILL expand the facilities to accommodate. On the other hand, if they believe it's just a tit-for-tat bluff like Unical made in the HOU argument, then they'll probably get laughed at just the same.

Any other silly arguments you need rebuffed?

Bubba

We don't compete well with United?

I'm pretty sure we've done quite well in Denver. Exploded actually. You know we have a new base there right?

There are plenty of other destination we will fly to out of HOU, El Salvador may or may not be apart of that growth.

You left IAH with your tail between your legs.

Saw 4 corndogs getting heavy mx done at SAL last week. Thought that would a plausible destination. IAH is big and accommodates any sort of reciprocity that needs to take place if there is no code share. What I don't want to see happen is SWA try and use the open gates at IAH as currency. That's my guess though for what Gary is up to.

IAH is big and accommodates any sort of reciprocity that needs to take place if there is no code share.

Great, get UnitedContinental to leave and I would be willing to fly in there. Otherwise, why go there when we have Hobby.

We HAVE been over this, and everything you've claimed has been refuted. You've never once shown ANYTHING that qualifies as a "handout" for SWA. Your only example was to claim the Wright Amendment, but that was promptly shoved up your keister when you got it wrong.

Any other silly arguments you need rebuffed?

Bubba

In order to get what was at the time, the worlds largest airline merger deal done between UAL/CAL, the combined airline had to give SWA slots and gates at EWR. If that's not a handout Bubba, what is? It's not like any other airline was mentioned either?! Not Spirit, AirTran, or JetBlue. And certainly not another legacy. Just *give* SWA something and it was approved...

Latest resources

Back