Never seen that before-ORD

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

c-wood75

Last saturday around 1 pm--taxiing around in all the madness at ORD, I look out my right window and on 9L in comes a single engine piper 140. i wiped my eyes to make sure i saw what i saw and he bounces a landing right next to a 767 taxiing out the other way. I thought ORD would not even let them transition the airspace let alone land in the middle of the afternoon. Howd that guy get the clearance to do that? is this the same airport when on clear and a million days i get 45 minute edct times?

His landing fee was probably more than i make in a month. I can hear the tower "Luftansa 747 heavy slow 80 to the marker, entrail of a piper 140, contact the tower 126.9"

about a month ago after landing we were "watching out for a cherokee" on T. cherokee? i queried and sure enough at cherokee is there.

expensive cherokee trip.

I saw a Piper Lance a week or so ago taxiing on Bravo.

c-wood75 said:
Last saturday around 1 pm--taxiing around in all the madness at ORD, I look out my right window and on 9L in comes a single engine piper 140. i wiped my eyes to make sure i saw what i saw and he bounces a landing right next to a 767 taxiing out the other way. I thought ORD would not even let them transition the airspace let alone land in the middle of the afternoon. Howd that guy get the clearance to do that? is this the same airport when on clear and a million days i get 45 minute edct times?

His landing fee was probably more than i make in a month. I can hear the tower "Luftansa 747 heavy slow 80 to the marker, entrail of a piper 140, contact the tower 126.9"

Most likely, his landing fee was around $10. The Chicago Department of Aviation charged the same fee for landing at MDW, CGX, and ORD. I flew a small plane both into ORD and ATL, and in each case, I paid less then $10 in landing fees. Now Signature fees....that's a whole 'nuther thread.

I flew a C310 into 27L back in '95..... no prob. Just had to have a slot time, and yes the landing fee was pretty expensive. So was the fuel (and this was in '95 when fuel was cheap!) Otherwise, it was just 170 to the marker and get your ass off the runway, now!

viper548 said:
He would have gone to Meigs but........

.... Thanks Mayor Daley... what a twad. Aren't there enough pilots that live in Chicago to get him voted out? OR...do most people just commute in/out of there.

I took a M20R into ORD in the summer of 2001 and stuck the flight college with the fuel and landing fee. I did have to pay 15 bucks at sabarro I think

Latest resources

Back