• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NEVER Mention sequestration in PA?!?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think it is funny how everybody loves to hate on fox... not a fan of any of the tv news networks, get my news from trusted internet sites... but I'm sure you will hate those too because they tell it like it is, and don't kiss obama's a$$

But Fox News says its Obamas fault not the republican controlled house which controls the purse strings. Anyways both are at fault but Fox News is just propaganda to fire up the right wing nut jobs. Now go back to watching Hannity.

The president crafted sequester and now has to eat it when he has nothing to offer politically in return for its termination. He'd rather see citizens suffer as a political instrument than shift the cuts to other areas.

The BIG fact is, we ALL took a 2% pay cut in the roll back of the pay roll tax cut as a result the fiscal cliff. If the prez can expect us to live with 2% less, the govt can too.

Um, actually, a very high percentage of the 47% actually vote Republican. Something Fox forgets (intentionally) to tell you. Do some research.
But you can't deny that almost all of the dems agenda benefits those that pay little or no taxes.... the bottom 47%...

It's not the BOTTOM 47%. It's the 47% at ALL income levels that receive some sort of government entitlement.

Wealthy people have paid into social security and are rightfully entitled to payments later in life.

It is true the Repulicans are all about fiscal responsibliy. That is why the federal spending and defict was reduced during the Regan, Bush 1, and Bush 2.

Both parties love to spend money. The only diffrence is HOW they spend money.

It is true the Repulicans are all about fiscal responsibliy. That is why the federal spending and defict was reduced during the Regan, Bush 1, and Bush 2.

Both parties love to spend money. The only diffrence is HOW they spend money.

Careful bro, most people on here are too stupid to catch what you just did there....

The president crafted sequester and now has to eat it when he has nothing to offer politically in return for its termination. He'd rather see citizens suffer as a political instrument than shift the cuts to other areas.

The BIG fact is, we ALL took a 2% pay cut in the roll back of the pay roll tax cut as a result the fiscal cliff. If the prez can expect us to live with 2% less, the govt can too.

The president did not craft sequester, and the sequester we have today is actually quite different than the one he SUGGESTED.

As most of us are union pilots tell me this. If we go on strike to "cause as much pain as possible" to achieve our cause what is wrong with this tactic to accomplish the something else. If you would look at the big picture the whole point of this was to force each side to come to a deal. No one is going to budge until they get enough pressure.

Personal opinion is a three hour delay for someone is a far better choice than bankrupting a senior to pay for health care or cutting the SS checks. Why are the right wing side not excited and praising the country for reducing spending? That after all has been your rally cry for the last five years?

The difference is that pilots don't go in strike to cause pain to the traveling public. They go on strike to attempt to get what they think they are worth. The pain felt by the public is a byproduct.

This is a pure political stunt. The FAA budget covers much more than controller salaries. They could have cut other in other areas or cut salaries across the board and still maintained staffing at previous levels.

Not sure if its true but I heard that controllers are getting 3 furlough days a year. 1 every 4 months. I'm sure they call in sick more than that. It doesn't add up.

Please, please, go on an Obama-hating Sequestration rant in your public address about delays. Please.

I'll enjoy reading about it in the aviation news. And you will be doing a big-time carpet dance.

Latest resources

Back