• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NEVER Mention sequestration in PA?!?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
On the contrary, I want the tax code back like it was in the 50s. I want the distribution of wealth like it was in the 50s and 60s.

The only changes I want to the country that are new involve civil rights issues. Fiscally, I want to go back 60 years.

So...women stay at home with the kids, families have one car and an 1100sq ft/3 bd/1ba house, 3 channels on a single TV, and kids minded their elders or got spanked?

Yeah, lets all go back to Mayberry.

The most eye-opening thing for a person with regards to taxation is to have a business and at least one employee who relies on you so they can pay their bills. "Fair share" BS tends to go away then.

Last edited:
ASA_Aviator also probably thinks Obamacare is a GREAT idea! If so, he is A FOOL and has been brainwashed by the folks at MSNBC. Liberalism is a disease, and nice knock on people from Georgia. Anyone who openly uses the word distribution of wealth is hopelessly lost! Keep your fu(k!ng hands out of my pocket! Quit taxing and spending and over regulating this country! Can't even open this thread again and see there are people so hopelessly brainwashed and stupid.

So...women stay at home with the kids, families have one car and an 1100sq ft/3 bd/1ba house, 3 channels on a single TV, and kids minded their elders or got spanked?

I'm talking about the Federal fiscal policy, not the cultural climate. But hey, whatever floats your boat.

Sounds good to me. But what would be even better is if most folks couldn't qualify for a credit card. A stable high-5-figure salary should be the deciding qualification. Everyone else pays cash. If you're poor, you know you're poor and you spend like you're poor.

This country could stand a huge dose of reality, but it would never elect someone brave enough to give it to them.

I never started a business and I don't know a single person that has ever started a business to "create jobs". Every one does it to create value!! I know a few people that have started a business to further their social values.

But Fox News says its Obamas fault not the republican controlled house which controls the purse strings. Anyways both are at fault but Fox News is just propaganda to fire up the right wing nut jobs. Now go back to watching Hannity.

And CNN and MSNBC said Bush was responsible for the deficits while he was in office. Don't be an idiot.

The "fiscally responsible" republicans put in place tax cuts, then started two unfunded wars, increased Medicare costs. On the smaller government/ less regulation/ personal freedom end of things created the TSA and Passed the patriot act. And those are just the things I can think of off the top of my head.

Twisted Mind said:
On the smaller government/ less regulation/ personal freedom end of things created the TSA and Passed the patriot act. And those are just the things I can think of off the top of my head.

Yes, because passage of the Patriot Act and creation of DHS were done on a strictly party-line vote with no Democrats in favor...to say nothing of Patriot Act reauthorizations, which have also been signed by the sitting POTUS.

That said, I agree with the fault in "unfunded wars" (which also had bipartisian support) and the onerous provisions of Patriot Act.

Sure, but there is a need for wealth to be more equitably distributed. That's why we had large inheritance taxes. That's why in the mid 20th century, taxes on the highest bracket were >90%. (For those over $250,000 a year, which in today's money is over $3.7 million a year.) That effectively made a salary cap, and prevented the large disparity in wealth that we have today. The distribution of wealth was much more equitable. The government has an interest in maintaining a more equitable distribution of wealth, as many popular uprisings have their roots in such inequities.

In any case, again, none of us are even close to being "wealthy," unless you came here with a trust fund. But yet you support the interests of the rich, just like the propaganda has convinced you to do. Bravo.

WOW, just WOW!! The soviet UNION called and they want their failed ideals back!!! It amazes me the same people who think this way actually believe in Darwin and the survival of the fittest!!! Capitalism is recogonizing a need and providing for that need at price and profit!!! Where do u think the roaring 20's came from? A recession worse than the "crash" but with capitalistic ideals and LESS government spending!!!

Latest resources

Back