• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NEVER Mention sequestration in PA?!?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Um....if he's monitoring this... All hail Obama, oh king of the DEMs, I am a white devil and a racist, sexist, homophob and I am sorry for everything!!! Thank you msnbc for showing me the truth and Ed Shultz is better looking on radio!!! All hail Obama!!!!

By the way, it was great to watch the libtards have to choke down defeat over the ATC sequestration.

Nice try, guys. It was all about trying to cause pain to the traveling public, and get them to blame republicans. Typical passive-aggressive democrat b--ch move. But the blue staters are more effeminate in their methods, so there's that.

By the way, it was great to watch the libtards have to choke down defeat over the ATC sequestration.

Nice try, guys. It was all about trying to cause pain to the traveling public, and get them to blame republicans. Typical passive-aggressive democrat b--ch move. But the blue staters are more effeminate in their methods, so there's that.

Say what you will about liberals, but without liberal philosophy, you would still be a subject of the United Kingdom.

Say what you will about liberals, but without liberal philosophy, you would still be a subject of the United Kingdom.

I don't think so. If the libs were in charge back then they would have taken all our guns and told us to trust the monarchy/government and to pay the higher taxes as it is our duty to pay our fair share.

I don't think so. If the libs were in charge back then they would have taken all our guns and told us to trust the monarchy/government and to pay the higher taxes as it is our duty to pay our fair share.

Maybe you need to read a book or two, and understand that it was a very liberal idea to suggest that people have inalienable rights, and the right to self determination.

You do realize being conservative is in the same tradition as being a Tory? Conservatives would be the ones arguing against rebellion, and against such liberal ideas as liberty. Liberal is the root of the word liberty.

Here, I'll save you the trouble of looking up the word "liberalism," though you clearly need to. (Check out that last sentence...)

The revolutionaries in the American Revolution, the French Revolution and other liberal revolutions from that time used liberal philosophy to justify the armed overthrow of what they saw as tyrannical rule. The nineteenth century saw liberal governments established in nations across Europe, Spanish America, and North America. In this period, the dominant ideological opponent of liberalism was classical conservatism.

In any case, this thread has sure drifted!

Maybe you need to read a book or two, and understand that it was a very liberal idea to suggest that people have inalienable rights, and the right to self determination.

You do realize being conservative is in the same tradition as being a Tory? Conservatives would be the ones arguing against rebellion, and against such liberal ideas as liberty. Liberal is the root of the word liberty.

Here, I'll save you the trouble of looking up the word "liberalism," though you clearly need to. (Check out that last sentence...)

In any case, this thread has sure drifted!

You mean the deeply religious puritan founding fathers who wrote the Declaration of independence who where rugged individualist that believed in small government and personal responsibly. You can try to call them liberals but their ideology had far more in common with the conservatives of today.

You seem to be a typical liberal who instead of debating the subject of why the liberals want to take our guns, increase the size of the government, reduce our inalienably rights down to the collective good, free us from our self determination by taking from those who work hard to succeed and giving it to those who don't.

Instead you try to give me a history lesson on why you are called liberals. BTW your classic liberalism you suggest the framer had have nothing to due with the current social liberals of today other than the root word liberal.

Last edited:
You mean the deeply religious puritan founding fathers who wrote the Declaration of independence who where rugged individualist that believed in small government and personal responsibly. You can try to call them liberals but their ideology had far more in common with the conservatives of today.

You seem to be a typical liberal who instead of debating the subject of why the liberals want to take our guns, increase the size of the government, reduce our inalienably rights down to the collective good, free us from our self determination by taking from those who work hard to succeed and giving it to those who don't.

Instead you try to give me a history lesson on why you are called liberals. BTW your classic liberalism you suggest the framer had have nothing to due with the current social liberals of today other than the root word liberal.

Say it brother!!!
ASA aviator- Think this is a classic case of definition drift of language... Liberal then is a far cry from where you are now... Self Determination, self reliance, small government.... That is 180 from where the dems are now!!!

Take your guns? So help me out one more time. You want us to spend as much money on our defense (part of that small government right?) and you need your guns based on the second amendment to protect against the same defense machine you think you we need to arm up? All your guns are not going to be a match for an attack from your own government.

Keep tossing out the "big" government and the idea that all liberals are dead beats its done wonders for your party. Your party has as contributed as much to making the "big" government in the last thirty years.

What I will never understand is how union pilots always are the first to jump at how much there CEOs make, how the FAA rest rules are to minimal, the company not doing the "right thing", and on and on. You want a free market in every industry but not yours. You want the government not to tell you what you can buy, but you do not want foreign airlines entering the market. You want to allow governments to abolish working agreements with city workers but picket at every 1113 bankruptcy court hearing.

I believe that your moral compass is a higher than your profession, but why do not just roll over for your company for the sake of free market and small government?

Take your guns? So help me out one more time. You want us to spend as much money on our defense (part of that small government right?) and you need your guns based on the second amendment to protect against the same defense machine you think you we need to arm up? All your guns are not going to be a match for an attack from your own government.

Keep tossing out the "big" government and the idea that all liberals are dead beats its done wonders for your party. Your party has as contributed as much to making the "big" government in the last thirty years.

What I will never understand is how union pilots always are the first to jump at how much there CEOs make, how the FAA rest rules are to minimal, the company not doing the "right thing", and on and on. You want a free market in every industry but not yours. You want the government not to tell you what you can buy, but you do not want foreign airlines entering the market. You want to allow governments to abolish working agreements with city workers but picket at every 1113 bankruptcy court hearing.

I believe that your moral compass is a higher than your profession, but why do not just roll over for your company for the sake of free market and small government?

The guns do in-fact act as a check against a tyrannical government, it would be a bloody confrontation, but we would at least slow them down, and cause them pause. In WWII one of the main reasons the Japanese did not consider a west coast invasion was because of the armed citizenry... (probably not the case in CA today:)
Yes we talk of smaller government, but we do so in the sense of getting government back to its original purpose... National Defense being the main one.... The social safety net... not so much....

As for the performance of the republicans... I am not impressed either... I do not consider my self one... but I am a realist though... not going to vote for the Ron Pauls of the world even though they would probably straighten this country out much better than the other two... I choose the lesser of the two evils, which is never the democrat...

As for the whole labor thing, I think you are confusing the voice of ALPA (which I am not a fan of either) with the typical conservative airline pilot. Most of the pilots that I know and fly with that are level headed normal people, are very conservative, and do not support ALPA's political positions or statements. The union does have its place, and does provide some value, but many time is over steeping its scope in my opinion.

The biggest problems with conservatives boils down to the basic differences between conservatives, and liberals....
Conservatives just want to be left alone to LEAD their lives, focus on their family, friends, faith, and career.
Liberals on the other hand, seem to do everything they can to dismantle these institutions that we conservatives hold sacred. They are prone to organize and make it their mission to attack these institutions. This propensity to organize helps them fight the conservatives that are not organized, because they have more important things to do... like running their lives (While they can)
If conservatives don't like something or don't believe in it, we choose not to participate, while liberals want to make laws so that no one can even have the choice to participate.

Last edited:
The guns do in-fact act as a check against a tyrannical government, it would be a bloody confrontation, but we would at least slow them down, and cause them pause. In WWII one of the main reasons the Japanese did not consider a west coast invasion was because of the armed citizenry... (probably not the case in CA today:)
Yes we talk of smaller government, but we do so in the sense of getting government back to its original purpose... National Defense being the main one.... The social safety net... not so much....

As for the performance of the republicans... I am not impressed either... I do not consider my self one... but I am a realist though... not going to vote for the Ron Pauls of the world even though they would probably straighten this country out much better than the other two... I choose the lesser of the two evils, which is never the democrat...

As for the whole labor thing, I think you are confusing the voice of ALPA (which I am not a fan of either) with the typical conservative airline pilot. Most of the pilots that I know and fly with that are level headed normal people, are very conservative, and do not support ALPA's political positions or statements. The union does have its place, and does provide some value, but many time is over steeping its scope in my opinion.

The biggest problems with conservatives boils down to the basic differences between conservatives, and liberals....
Conservatives just want to be left alone to LEAD their lives, focus on their family, friends, faith, and career.
Liberals on the other hand, seem to do everything they can to dismantle these institutions that we conservatives hold sacred. They are prone to organize and make it their mission to attack these institutions. This propensity to organize helps them fight the conservatives that are not organized, because they have more important things to do... like running their lives (While they can)
If conservatives don't like something or don't believe in it, we choose not to participate, while liberals want to make laws so that no one can even have the choice to participate.

Utterly pure BS.

I wouldn't have a problem with conservatives if they were libertarian. I'm actually more libertarian than liberal.

Conservatives want to stop people from living lives that they don't agree with. Want to smoke pot? Better not vote for the GOP. Want to be free to get married if you're gay? Better not vote for the GOP. Notice a pattern?

Sure, conservatives will leave you alone to live your life...if you're a white Christian who lives identically to the way they do.

"Conservatives don't like something...they don't participate." Bull crap. Bull crap. Unadulterated bull crap.

Latest resources

Back