NetJets XL/XLS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Webslinger said:
Just one more thing to add. Cessna is to add 545 XLS' between 2007 and 2015. I didnt realize this aircraft is becoming so popular? Who would have thought?
It's like the family truckster of the corporate jet set. I would like to see some faux wood-grain side panels and a rack on top.

"Shhhh! That reminds me of the folks who say things like 'flying is so much fun, I'd do it for free!"....Papa.

Papa, I wouldn't do any thing for free but I do have common sense. FS doesn't even have a "differences class" for the XL/ XLS.

d91papa said:
It's like the family truckster of the corporate jet set. I would like to see some faux wood-grain side panels and a rack on top.

Now that's just a nasty thought! If they could get it field approved, you know someone would try it!

SCT said:
NJ pays "differences pay" for an XL/ XLS? That is ridiculous, it's the same type.

The Citation 500 all the way up to the Ultra/Encore are the same type (CE-500) as well but most would agree there are many differences.

There are enough differences between the XL and XLS to cause problems if you are not careful (I have watched many a pilot stumble). Understand that an NJA pilot may fly an XL for 4 months straight, then have an XLS for two days, and back to an XL. Granted, the airplane is not going to fall out of the sky but I believe it is extra workload. It may not be as big of a deal for a corporate flight department where, for example, you might fly both models an equal amount.

Also, FS does in fact have differences training for the NJA pilots. Not sure if they offer it to non-NJA pilots.

Last edited:
SCT said:
"Shhhh! That reminds me of the folks who say things like 'flying is so much fun, I'd do it for free!"....Papa.

Papa, I wouldn't do any thing for free but I do have common sense. FS doesn't even have a "differences class" for the XL/ XLS.

Wow...then that hour of XL/XLS differences I attended at Flight Safety must of been...it must of been a DREAM ! It...never happened. Very freaky.

TJCpt, I stand corrected. I just talked to FS TOL and they have a 2 hr differences course for XL/ XLS.

I still think its weird that EJ would pay extra pay for such small differences in the same ac.

Take care-

Latest resources

Back