• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets Working on CASS Approval?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't get it. There is no "crew pass" line, unless I'm living in a different world. In some airports you have special "crew/employee" lines, but nobody has CASS up at security, CASS is only available at the ticket agent computers.

This whole rumor makes no sense. The only thing I can think of is maybe the TSA wants new security at FBOs (you know the TSA is drooling) or as a previous poster mentioned, Washington National security stuff.

But the whole bit of "In uniform with a ticket the airport doesn't know how to deal with us" sounds like utter BS. Show them your ticket, show them your driver's license and Bob's your uncle. The minimum-wage temps working the lines checking IDs (prior to the TSA) don't care if you're wearing a thong and vinyl gloves. As we all know, the TSA doesn't care either.

Now, if perhaps, just maybe...you're trying to beat the lines and just maybe try to use the employee-only line, I could, just perhaps (maybe?) see a fractional guy get sent right back to regular security.

Maybe you guys are trying to get through with the "flight crew members in uniform" not subject to shoes/liquids, and they're not having any of it without airline IDs. I could believe that.

Again, CASS is not even in place at security. There isn't even a way to check someone against CASS unless you're at the check in ticket counter, or the gate counter.

Here ya go...

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0CWU/is_2008_July_18/ai_n27928166

Do Frac guys go through the same 10-yr background check as 121 guys? That may be an issue, as well as who pays for it.

This reeks of Ford and Harrison.

Do Frac guys go through the same 10-yr background check as 121 guys? That may be an issue, as well as who pays for it.

This reeks of Ford and Harrison.

Do a board search for "Ford & Harrison," posts, and my screen name, anyone who need to know anything about F & H. (Not sure how it applies here though?)

it would be sweet to be able to jumpseat on their private jets

That's exactly the Kool-Aid they hope you'll drink...Good luck on that. NOT happening.

it would be sweet to be able to jumpseat on their private jets

This thread is pointing out that fracs have tried, but can NOT reciprocate. (It will ALWAYS go back to the "We might have to change destinations mid flight to rescue another flight somewhere else." (poss. int'l as well)

I just think aside from being funny, it's a security issue, AND its a LIE because there is NO WAY reciprocating will occur, no matter how you try to spin and promise it.

Remember that the next time your guys pull that 'tude all over the airline system

Nope. That was a biometric test that allowed select crewmembers to avoid security altogether.

It was temporary and I believe it has ended.

I stand by the fact that CASS isn't available at security checkpoints. ALPA has argued that it should be (to bypass) but they haven't gotten anywhere, since CASS isn't biometric, according to those who make decisions.

Now I get the problem, if you're a selectee and you're in uniform, the TSA brain-surgeons start to have smoke come out their ears...because by definition crewmembers can't be selectees.

I don't think that non-121 crewmembers are covered under the shoes/liquids thing, but when I think back, it does just say, "Uniformed Crewmembers".

The problem is that you aren't a crew member, you're just in uniform.

Yet another wacky-yet-fun TSA deal.

If it worked out that way, we'd love to have ya. We would just have to make sure to stock some extra liquor? :p

Just when you jumpseat on the airlines, pay the pilots the fare refund from the ticket NJ pays to get you to work from HOME. That'd work.

Why again, do you at NJ need the jumpseat on the airlines?

Will it save the company money to keep NJ going in their pilot's quest to "save" everyone from the cattle cars of the airlines, as they always say on here?

I don't think that non-121 crewmembers are covered under the shoes/liquids thing, but when I think back, it does just say, "Uniformed Crewmembers".

The problem is that you aren't a crew member, you're just in uniform.

Would 'paying passengers' that vehemently announce they are "NOT airline," in Burger King uniforms be able to get on CASS?
Skycaps look just like airline pilots...how about when they travel? Can they jumpseat too?
Just wondering. :laugh:

Latest resources

Back