• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets Working on CASS Approval?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just being in CASS doesn't mean that they automatically get jumpseat privileges on the airlines. Most airlines have separate reciprocal lists that have nothing to do with CASS. You can be on CASS but still not allowed to jumpseat on a CASS carrier. Personally, I think they'll need to show some form of reciprocity before getting jumpseat access. I can't think of any way for them to do that, so I doubt they'll be jumpseating anytime soon.

So can any paying passenger just get CASS approval to get past TSA faster?
That's what this is then....(if they are going to claim THAT is the only reason why they are doing it)

So can any paying passenger just get CASS approval to get past TSA faster?
That's what this is then....

I honestly don't know what the requirements are for getting in CASS. Someone who's been on a jumpseat committee could probably answer that question. I've never done jumpseat committee work.

IMHO I think that my jumpseat is for 121 airline pilots. If the PRIVILEGE get extended to fractional, then why cant private pilots use the JS as well.

Just because they are pilots does not mean that they are given the same airline benni's.

X

Unless fractional carriers start offering scheduled service with reciprocating jumpseat privileges, I would say you will NEVER see this privilege extended to fractional carriers, cass or no-cass.

I honestly don't know what the requirements are for getting in CASS. Someone who's been on a jumpseat committee could probably answer that question. I've never done jumpseat committee work.

What would the SAFETY committee's stance be on CASS for self-admitted "paying passengers not airline crew" in order to fly through security without being checked the way other "paying passengers" do? Would that enable them to bring onboard items other paying passengers wouldn't (in theory) get through security?

What is the approval process for CASS? Do ALPA Safety Committees have a way to make their input known to those who do the approving?

VOR, why would this bother you to the point of fishing for outrage on the majors forum? Does this affect you and yours in a negative way, or are you just trying to outdo B19 with your tirades?

As far as jumpseating and reciprocol agreements, I have a couple thoughts. First of all, as VOR was so kind to point out, we keep all airline miles and add to that through various hotel point policies. Those tickets are far more reliable than jumpseating, and families don't qualify anyway. Since Netjets airlines us at their expense to and from work, why would we want to utilize jumpseating except for the rare solo vacation or weekend getaway?

I would love to have any crewmember accompany us when policy allows. I know it's rare we could accomodate anyone, but how about if we had an 800 number for 121 folks to call if they were looking for a repo flight with us from A to B? Even if it worked only 5% of the time, I'm sure the 121 folks would love it. Nothing like your own air taxi in style. You call when you need a lift from ATL to DEN, and we tell you what is available from within a 50 mile radius.

As far as CASS, I'm sure the announcement will be made public if it becomes official. If our management wants to go through the time, effort and expense, I'm sure they have their reasons. Netjets was the first or close to the first to get I94W approval as a non-121 carrier. I don't think CASS presents any bigger challenge, considering we fly past and future presidents, Secretaries of State, Ambassadors, and pillars of industry.

Why is it the top of the heap gets all the crap? I thought s--t rolled downhill. Why don't we all place blame for our woes or disdain where it belongs? Like the CEOs and managers who pillage the companies in a few years before departing with their golden parachutes. All those of us at NJA, or SWA, or Fedex, or UPS have in common is that we have a lot bigger fall to live with than most "when" the time comes. Been there and done that, as many here have. You know, the saddest thing is we have to worry about our own collegues as much as the pricks that steal our careers.

Last edited:
What would the SAFETY committee's stance be on CASS for self-admitted "paying passengers not airline crew" in order to fly through security without being checked the way other "paying passengers" do? Would that enable them to bring onboard items other paying passengers wouldn't (in theory) get through security?

What is the approval process for CASS? Do ALPA Safety Committees have a way to make their input known to those who do the approving?
You don't pass through security just because you're in CASS. We still go through like everyone else.

I think this sounds like a wild rumor, similar to the whole "TSA wants jumpseat priviliges" thing that went around a while ago.

Except the TSA really was working on getting jumpseat access. I read the memo, it was during the time that the airlines were trying to get off-line access back (remember, it took CASS to get other airline's pilots in the jumpseat).

The TSA wanted to be included in the jumpseat authorization. They weren't clear on whether it was management TSA, or TSA in general, but I think ALPA threw a hissy and I never saw mention of it again.

But don't think for a minute that this was nothing but a wild rumor.

The other funny memo I saw around that time was the fact that the TSA exempted TSA management from screening. Kind of like Congress; lots of laws, but not so many that apply to Congress.

VOR, why would this bother you to the point of fishing for outrage on the majors forum? Does this affect you and yours in a negative way, or are you just trying to outdo B19 with your tirades?

As far as jumpseating and reciprocol agreements, I have a couple thoughts. First of all, as VOR was so kind to point out, we keep all airline miles and add to that through various hotel point policies. Those tickets are far more reliable than jumpseating, and families don't qualify anyway. Since Netjets airlines us at their expense to and from work, why would we want to utilize jumpseating except for the rare solo vacation or weekend getaway?

I would love to have any crewmember accompany us when policy allows. I know it's rare we could accomodate anyone, but how about if we had an 800 number for 121 folks to call if they were looking for a repo flight with us from A to B? Even if it worked only 5% of the time, I'm sure the 121 folks would love it. Nothing like your own air taxi in style. You call when you need a lift from ATL to DEN, and we tell you what is available from within a 50 mile radius.

As far as CASS, I'm sure the announcement will be made public if it becomes official. If our management wants to go through the time, effort and expense, I'm sure they have their reasons. Netjets was the first or close to the first to get I94W approval as a non-121 carrier. I don't think CASS presents any bigger challenge, considering we fly past and future presidents, Secretaries of State, Ambassadors, and pillars of industry.

Why is it the top of the heap gets all the crap? I thought s--t rolled downhill. Why don't we all place blame for our woes or disdain where it belongs? Like the CEOs and managers who pillage the companies in a few years before departing with their golden parachutes. All those of us at NJA, or SWA, or Fedex, or UPS have in common is that we have a lot bigger fall to live with than most "when" the time comes. Been there and done that, as many here have. You know, the saddest thing is we have to worry about from our own within than the pricks that steal our careers.

This thread is pointing out the hypocrasies of the NJA attitude toward EVERY other pilot group over the past few years, majors or not

This thread is pointing out that fracs have tried, but can NOT reciprocate. (It will ALWAYS go back to the "We might have to change destinations mid flight to rescue another flight somewhere else."

This thread is pointing out that those who point out OVER and OVER all over FlightInfo and ALPC that they are "paying passengers" and "demand" respect from airline crews, should have to go through security like ANY OTHER paying passenger.

This thread is pointing out that now that NJA is losing $ like they have always said they never would (you know all those "cream of the crop" posts and Uncle Warren's subsidiary comments as if you are immune and are saving those who can escape the "cattle cars")...NOW...NOW...they want to be buddies with guys at the majors?

Funny dude. Just came to say "I told you so" when it comes to karma and the way you've treated ALL other pilot groups all this time.

Spin it whatever way you want...you conveniently got the posts removed that were talking about CASS...so go back to your secret secret planning that you're up to.

I just think aside from being funny, it's a security issue, AND its a LIE because there is NO WAY reciprocating will occur, no matter how you try to spin and promise it.

Bottom line, regardless of my disgust for the dismissive and downright contemptuous attitudes your pilot group has promoted to ALL of the other pilots groups during your brief delusion of being THE "final destination" and spouting that to anyone around, you guys are up to something you shouldn't be.

How are things working out now that you all dropped your national union (IBT) who got you your present bennies in favor of an in house (ala ASAPA USair)? Reason to want to network again, I guess?

...and now you're angry because I passed on the beans your guys spilled? Enquiring minds NEEDED to know.

Remember that the next time your guys pull that 'tude all over the airline system

Latest resources

Back