• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets Working on CASS Approval?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am not sure what the difference is, but I have NEVER "bypassed" security in any status. When I was with the 121's, I was always screened by TSA. The only thing we could was the liquids things...and shoes. Other than that, I went through the same as everyone else.

The TSA is not a dedicated airline only security asset. 121 folks seem to think it is their personal body guard..it is not. I would think if that a company seeks and gets CASS approval, they have met the exact demands as anyone else and therefore should be allowed to enjoy the benefits of it. As for background checks, lets do this, anyone with a military ID should be able to bypass security completely. How about that?

DAS...I see your sense of humor is in full effect. I am coming back to work!!! Hope to see you on the road.

DAS...I see your sense of humor is in full effect. I am coming back to work!!! Hope to see you on the road.

Welcome back dude! I heard you were playing in the sand. Thanks for your service. Salute.

We missed you in recurrent last week. Maybe you'll be lucky enough to get a new recurrent month that isn't January. Way too freakin' cold!!

Welcome home.

I was told in recurrent last week that as soon as we have CASS approval that NJ pilots will be able to park plane side when airlining to work. Our CASS credentials will come with window stickers similar to the old DOD decals that will allow us ramp side access to park our personal vehicles between the fuel and tug ground support equipment. This will allow us to completely bypass the TSA and enter the aircraft through the jet bridge stairs versus terminal entrance. The airlines are going to have to paint gold boxes on the pavement where NJ crew members are to park their POV's. I think the limit is two per gate. They are still working out the details of having the airline wash our vehicles while we're gone. More to come soon.

Damn funny! :beer: :p

How will this be affected by the TSA mandate that all crewmembers not on official company business be screened by security?

When I am a nonrev, I am supposed to get screened by security if I am an off-duty passenger in the cabin. No using my uniform and SIDA badge to bypass security.

So a Net Jets pilot is on a commercial flight, not a crewmember of XYZ Airline though, but may be on their company's business. Sounds like a potential gray area.

This is not to "bypass security." It is to make the system more efficient for everyone involved.

With CASS approval, fractional crewmembers will no longer have to have their time or the TSA's time wasted by secondary screening because of the dreaded SSSS on the boarding pass. With CASS approval, fractional crewmembers will be able to utilize the crew line at ALL airports, not have to remove their shoes, not have to surrender oversized liquids, and will generally make the lines move faster for EVERYBODY and allow TSA to focus more attention on legitimate threats to security.

But I like DAS' idea even better....

Please explain to me how this is any different than being an airline pilot deadheading on duty, on a carrier other than your own. Time your time please. BTW when we ride on the airlines we are not commuting on our own time; we are on duty.

Good point. Not trying to poke holes in your policy change. It was just something that came to my mind. More power to you guys if you get it changed. Good luck, hope it works out.

....and now of course it's too late for me to edit my glaring typo. Proofread, proofread, proofread..... :blush:

I was told in recurrent last week that as soon as we have CASS approval that NJ pilots will be able to park plane side when airlining to work. Our CASS credentials will come with window stickers similar to the old DOD decals that will allow us ramp side access to park our personal vehicles between the fuel and tug ground support equipment. This will allow us to completely bypass the TSA and enter the aircraft through the jet bridge stairs versus terminal entrance. The airlines are going to have to paint gold boxes on the pavement where NJ crew members are to park their POV's. I think the limit is two per gate. They are still working out the details of having the airline wash our vehicles while we're gone. More to come soon.

WHAT?!!!! I have to park my own car?!!! I suppose that I have to carry my bag too.

Latest resources

Back