NetJets Working on CASS Approval?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flopgut,

I know that about 90% of Hilton Honors Diamond members are Netjets pilots. We stay in hotels more than we airline but most NJ pilots have Elite status in multiple FF programs ... so according to the airlines ... we are Elite.:D I do most of my airlines on SWA, Continental, and American.

We are paying plenty of money on Full Fare one-way tickets purchased day before and day of travel.... thus leading to the SSSS TSA strip search.

Good point, gunfyter. Full fare, in the FAA pilot certification and the TSA Part 135 pilot database (over 12,500 pounds), U.S. Passport, active professional pilot for a Berkshire Hathaway company, yet an SSSS. I never had any problems with airline cabin crew (in fact, they were often nice to me), but I did have ongoing problems with the TSA recent high school grads working the screening and with some airline ticket personnel who saw the "SSSS" as deserving of bad treatment at the counter. In fact, I left NJA on account of the airlining---the very bad treatment by TSA and by some airline ticket counter personnel (but not cabin or flight deck crew). I never insisted on any special treatment, only wanted to not always or almost always be an SSSS. At NJA. the money was not enough to be treated like a suspected terrorist by TSA and by some airline ticket personnel. (The airlining can be bad enough and a stark contrast to the private jet experience without adding pat-downs and such.) And the last thing I'd want to do on my time off is get on an airliner if I'm already doing that day in day out as a frac pilot. So, to me, the airline FF miles/points meant nothing. In my opinion, crew pass should have been on the company "to do" list a long time ago. Good luck.

Law,

Yes. I never have any problem or give any to the airline crews. I don't understand the back and forth of this thread and wish it would just go away. Its making us look bad.

It makes sense to get CrewPass because we do not need to have the SSSS on our tickets. Its a waste of TSA's time and thus a reduction in the level of security at the airport.

Last edited:
How come I don't hear your Cessna out flying when it's CAT3? Is that something the airplane can't do or something they don't think you're capable of?

So does sitting in the front watching the plane land make you the just the most awesome pilot ever? Puhleez...

As Flylow said, the planes aren't certified. Nice try.

Don't bother with them, Flopgut. Let them have fun with their giant airline-hating circle-jerk. I never had a bad word to say of frac pilots before this thread, but they've certainly shown their true colors. I've never seen so much ego and condescension before in my life, and that's saying a lot for pilots.

Wait a minute.

We call your (and every other carrier's) airplanes a cesspool of disease and you get offended? Seriously?

Does the truth hurt that bad? Do you deny the planes are filthy?

Get a load of this statement. You know, I hear your QS airplanes down in South America fairly often. (usually with a 2 series number) The anxiety and semi unfamiliarity with ATC and common practice leads me to believe you've got little real concept of the terrain your flying over. I wonder if your owners realize that? I don't have to wonder if your company trains special airports like mine does because I know you don't. Highest level of reliability my a$$.

Yes. The charts and EGPWS are soooo confusing. :rolleyes:

Grasping for straws???

I have never publicly discussed negotiating tactics or practices. I will not start now.

As FLYLOW said, what is written and what is practiced may be two different things.

Our dispute was with the company, NOT the passengers, owners or cardholders. Recognizing that the owners/cardholders are paying big bucks for our service, I have always treated them with the best "service excellence" I could. Without them, there is no job.

I don't know what you're asking from the last paragraph.
Total BS. You cornholed the customers and you know it. And it would have gotten worse until you got what you wanted.

Can't understand what? Simple english? It's a statement. You are a lesser pilot advocate than the non pilot you fly around. You can't tolerate from others what is in fact the exact behavior you display yourself. You are the lowest form of pilot there is.

It is not BS. To say we disrespected the owners demonstrates your misunderstanding of a situation you weren't a part of. Every NetJets pilot on these boards is saying the same thing. What does that tell you?

Latest resources

Back