• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets Working on CASS Approval?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Owner satisfaction has never dipped below 85% .....

I could go find some similiar quasi-accurate report for my airline/customers as well. We both know what you did to get the big contract. Not that I blame you, just deal straight with us as well.

This "my plane is cleaner than your plane" stuff is complete BS. I think we all know what the NJA pilot group did to owner satisfaction when it came between them and a huge payraise. Fastforward to the present and we've got NJA pilots who gripe even more about customer service lacking than the NJA owners did! AND the NJA owners were actually spending their own money for the service! Which is in sharp contrast to a NJA pilot who only goes where the company needs (and pays for) them to go. Furthermore, how did NJA and the NJA owners fix their customer service issues? They got their wallets out and paid for it!! They gave you a huge contract. And I think that is great BTW. How about you do no less for us? You don't like the service at the airline? Get behind us getting a raise instead of this BS.
Please explain to me how I can help you get a raise? I would love to help you raise the bar and bring back your furloughs(some of which are my friends).

I conducted my own neutral study yesterday as well. I had my father, who is a major airline guy and a FI virgin, read this thread from start to finish. I said nothing to him other than "what do you think". After he picked himself up off the floor from laughing so hard, he singled out you and voice of desperation. "These guys probably don't have the balls to say anything to your face, but come on here and get the keyboard bravado that looks really desperate" is a direct quote. Now that your blood pressure is through the roof, let me know how we (Net Jets) can be of assistance. Try and keep the name calling to a minimum.

I could go find some similiar quasi-accurate report for my airline/customers as well. We both know what you did to get the big contract. Not that I blame you, just deal straight with us as well.

That's funny. I was here before, during, and after the 4+ year battle to secure a worthwhile contract. On many occasions, customers would ask me directly how the negotiations were going and provided direct verbal support in our behalf. Don't you think it's possible owner pressure on management had some effect? Especially since their management fees went up before negotiations even began under the guise of increasing our salaries?

As far as supporting FLOPS for a good raise, I support all of us in that regard. Who was there for us when we went through the pain? IBT sure as hell wasn't. What do you think created 1108, and then NJASAP? We did it soley on our own, along with support from our owners. (B19, don't bother. You weren't even part of it so you have no "expertise" to comment here).

It'll fall directly on the pilots of FLOPS to secure your own cntract. Even if we were still part of 1108, we would have no more influence than we do now. It took a great deal of blood, sweat, and tears. The real question is do you guys have what it takes to do the same? I think the answer to that is yes, as soon as you get more unity in your quest.

Last edited:
So the Netjets pretty boys tip someone else to clean the lav and clean the cabin, but they expect us 121 guys to do it ourselves? I think not. Maybe VOR is right about you guys.
Not always so. I have been experiencing an increase in linemen who will "doo" the job, but the crewmember (me) is required to take the pot out and place it back in. The claim is that the FBO mgt is instructing line personnel to have crew remove it because line personnel have spilled the goody juice in the plane and the FBO has to pay for the subsequent cleaning or reupholster when necessary.

And since when do we hate eachother (airline vs NetJets)???!!!??? I remember when I was in the airlines we all got along well. The JS pretty much belonged to the captain, and I always gave it (or a back seat if available) to any Executive Jet (pre-NetJets days) pilot that wanted it whether they had a ticket or not. Now this peepee match...geez. Look airline people, fact is that airline travel sucks. This is not an attack on you specifically, but on your airline. But come on, leaving the seatbelt on the whole time for a 3 hr flight? Making no PA except "suzy be seated for departure/arrival", even when sitting for 25 minutes and NOT in line? ROLLING YOUR EYES WHEN SOMEONE ASKS YOU A QUESTION AS IF YOU ARE DONATING BLOOD TO ANSWER IT????!!!!
It seems to me at least, that there are 2 types (generally speaking) of airline pilots out there: 1) those who do not know how to care for their pax, and 2) those who don't care. Go ahead and get p1ssed off at us for pointing this out. And don't try to blame it on pay. We did better on 17/ hr on a 70 hr month than you on 35/hr and 83 hrs a month. It's just a matter of pride in your work. Here's the math:
LTP + IF = PS Thus, PS = C = GMAOPG
Decoded:Low Time Pilot (easy, fast path to airlines) + Immaturity Factor = Poor Service. Thus, Poor Service = Criticism = Get Mad At Other Pilot Groups.

Last edited:
I hate to keep this thread alive...

Flopgut is a 121 guy.

IMO leave the 121 guys out of this....

I don't know. We have frac guys like voice of rediculous posting on the major's board trying to creat a rift between us for something that has absolutely no impact on him. We may as well give "some" 121 folks a "real" reason to be pissed. (For the maroons out there, I am just kidding).

Last edited:
Please explain to me how I can help you get a raise? I would love to help you raise the bar and bring back your furloughs(some of which are my friends).

I conducted my own neutral study yesterday as well. I had my father, who is a major airline guy and a FI virgin, read this thread from start to finish. I said nothing to him other than "what do you think". After he picked himself up off the floor from laughing so hard, he singled out you and voice of desperation. "These guys probably don't have the balls to say anything to your face, but come on here and get the keyboard bravado that looks really desperate" is a direct quote. Now that your blood pressure is through the roof, let me know how we (Net Jets) can be of assistance. Try and keep the name calling to a minimum.

When it was your contract, career and customers [owners] it was pretty clear to you. You withheld enthusiasm (STFD was the battlecry I believe) to the point that your customers urged your mgt to reward you with an industry leading contract. Well, if you are in fact the Christ-like-important airline customers that some of you believe you are, then if you would please fill in airline mgts on the details of being paid well and how that relates to an improved operation our problems will be well on their way to being over.

Now, of course, I know this really won't do too much. But if you did follow through with this at least half as much as you complain about us, our mgt would notice. It's no less than your customers did for you.

When it was your contract, career and customers [owners] it was pretty clear to you. You withheld enthusiasm (STFD was the battlecry I believe) to the point that your customers urged your mgt to reward you with an industry leading contract. Well, if you are in fact the Christ-like-important airline customers that some of you believe you are, then if you would please fill in airline mgts on the details of being paid well and how that relates to an improved operation our problems will be well on their way to being over.

Now, of course, I know this really won't do too much. But if you did follow through with this at least half as much as you complain about us, our mgt would notice. It's no less than your customers did for you.

We NEVER treated our customers with less than extreme enthusiasm and professionalism. It was also our "battlecry" to never treat our bread and butter poorly. We recognized they were our source of income. That's what good CEOs recognize too, like RTS. That's why we had such support from our owners. Airline CEOs are nothing but short term caretakers in it for themselves. How many airline CEOs have been around for over 20 years with the same carrier?

Therein lies a big difference between our business model and yours. As a ticket holder, even at $1000 for a one way-one hour flight, it doesn't compare with the guy/gal/firm who pays millions for our service. If we call and voice a complaint or suggestion to your company, how far do you think it goes compared to one of our owners' complaints? They have a direct number for RTS himself. I seem to have lost that number for your CEO.

BTW, even though we purchase about 125,000 full fare same day tickets each year, even if we quadrupled our complaints, it's still a very small percentage of your total volume. We have no choice when booked with you. The paying public doesn't really give a damn. They fly whoever is cheapest and tolerate abhorent pax service the few times they do travel. If they have any recollection at all, they book on a different carrier. If our customers do that, it is a much bigger impact.

There should be no direct complaint to airline personnell from any of us while on duty. Those complaints should be directed via the proper channels, however pointless it seems. At the same time, there should be far greater service provided from your end to every customer. It's not your bread and butter's fault your management treats you like crap. Besides, the amount of money someone makes has nothing to do with how they treat their fellow humans. Why should anyone believe there will be better customer service with better pay?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back