Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets will be fine. No strike will occur.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thats what I was thinking about Bridgeway Bob.

But I think you have a good strategy. If you come here and stir up a hornet's nest you will get stung.

Steward Sleeze

I understand that your Union Propaganda Minister is Steward Steve. I didn't know that you had fiction writers as Stewards. At least you can document what BWYBOB has said as verifiable!

Troll Troll Troll,

This is all none of your business.

What we negotiate for OUR contract is our business. You weren't here for the wallbangers hole in the wall? You are a newby.

Keep stirring the Hornet's nest.

You are achieving nothing but increasing the pilot force's determination. NBAA wages or bust.

Thanks for helping to motivate us to achieve our goals. Every little bit helps.

Do you realize that if you and a few other people quit inciting us... half the posts on this board that offend you would not even be here. Your efforts are counter-productive to your cause.

The longer management stalls the higher my price goes up.

Trying to do too much with to little assets; there needs to be at least 12 pilots per machine, the manning should utilize the 1/3rd rule, 1/3rd in rest, 1/3rd in transit, 1/3rd on duty. You have got to make this operation a 24 hour a day op. Reposition a bird in the wee hours when the other crew is in rest. Additionally; get more machines-swallow your pride and get what ever machines on property you can get.

Last edited:
I know what you are getting at but you are not saying it very clearly.

I came up with 7 pilots per machine.

Reason.... Demand is not heavy at night. You do not need 100% available. Also a certain % of them are in maintenance. They do not need to be manned.

Recalculate and you will come closer to what I got.

7 is to low... Hurricanes, Sickness or a problem at home throws to many wrenches into the crewing issue. The crewing of machines should be a variable that is covered, as it is now one DNIF and the bird is out of the flow for at least 15 hours until one is airline in too replace that crew member. When the schedule is built 4 on the road per machine will cover any losses. What is a higher cost; two extra crew members or a sale off with a late pax leg?

...and an angry owner who didn't get to their meeting on time and, "lost the deal".

Let's face it people, Rome is burning. It has been ever since Mr Boisture and his band of blame pointing men arrived on premises.

El Chupacabra said:
I know what you are getting at but you are not saying it very clearly.

I came up with 7 pilots per machine.

Reason.... Demand is not heavy at night. You do not need 100% available. Also a certain % of them are in maintenance. They do not need to be manned.

Recalculate and you will come closer to what I got.

We've had similar calculations in our flight department. Have you figured out how many sell-off hours = one pilot's salary? There are other factors, for sure. Things such as how many sell-offs does it take for an owner to leave. How much is it worth in pilot's salaries to keep one owner. Etc, etc, etc. You'd think they'd have folks in management that could figure this stuff out as well as some bored pilots on an internet forum.

Ace

Ace,

I don't have access to the data that management has. I did my calculations on the back of an envelope using assumptions from experience and data on aircraft availability and demand that gets published daily.

Common sense says try 7 before you go to 12.

Latest resources

Back