• Start date
  • Watchers 6

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
oh they will call. You have a heartbeat and a breath don't you?

They will probably even have you come in without filling out the app. Just do it during the interview.

No i'm really not kidding.

acaTerry said:
Negative, number 2008 was awarded Ultra upgrade last week. Thats a Feb 2005 hire date.

Terry,

You do realize that that junior captain award was the last of a series of orchestrated unity campaigns desinged to get as many NJA pilots on bypass pay to make the group as prepared as possible financially for a long "Abeyence" or "Recess"?

I would not look for another captain bid to go so low in seniority for some time now.

The junior bid was not a coincidence.

The Ultra bids actually are going really junior lately without any bypass grassroots whatever campaigns. Last legit bid was in the 1800's if I rememember correctly...

acaTerry said:
Negative, number 2008 was awarded Ultra upgrade last week. Thats a Feb 2005 hire date.

I knew I'd have to explain myself to some numbnuts who can't see beyond the seniority number. :rolleyes: Heard of the "Operation Unity" campaign? There's a very good reason it went that low.

I'm pretty sure you'll be able to count on upgrade times increasing here in short order...

Ultra Grump said:
I knew I'd have to explain myself to some numbnuts who can't see beyond the seniority number. :rolleyes: Heard of the "Operation Unity" campaign? There's a very good reason it went that low.

I'm pretty sure you'll be able to count on upgrade times increasing here in short order...

Numbnuts? Give the guy a break. He's new and I don't think he's even hit the line yet. How about educating instead of humiliating? You speak of unity, Jeez..

FLYLOW22 said:
Terry,

You do realize that that junior captain award was the last of a series of orchestrated unity campaigns desinged to get as many NJA pilots on bypass pay to make the group as prepared as possible financially for a long "Abeyence" or "Recess"?

I would not look for another captain bid to go so low in seniority for some time now.

The junior bid was not a coincidence.

Well, another H400XP bid for 12 just came out and it would not suprise me. Some rather SENIOR guys (600-700 range) are pretty optimistic about the upgrades due to delivery schedules. Of course, they are not bitter and have been here for a long time.

Last edited:
acaTerry said:
Well, another H400XP bid for 12 just came out and it would not suprise me. Some rather SENIOR guys (600-700 range) are pretty optimistic about the upgrades due to delivery schedules. Of course, they are not bitter and have been here for a long time.

Wrong words were used by me to describe the recent 400XP bid results. I said "I would be surprised to see the bid go so low". Let me clarify and say that I would be surprised to see any captain bids go JUNIOR into the 2000's for some time. The only reason it did go into that seniority area was due to the Captain Bypass program designed to get as many pilots on Captain pay as possible to prepare for a lengthy stay in Recess courtesy of Your Friendly Neighborhood NMB.

I would look for many captains and senior F/O's to bid any Captain positions for the time being. The rapid delivery schedule for the 400XP may produce some "relatively" junior numbers at times (like it did with all fleets except the BBJ and DA-2000 a few years back) but those pilots will be relegated to the 17 day schedule which has the tendancy to drive a pilot nuts after being on the business end of Chop Suey (Chuck Shuey) and his scheduling practices for more than a few years.

If a junior pilot awarded a Captain slot finds themselves wanting to bid off of the most junior piece of equipement, as a Captain, to gain a better schedule than the 17 day then the only choice is to go back to F/O and LOSE CAPTAIN PAY FOREVER.

Yes. That is a choice. For the Junior it is a choice between keeping 3 stripes, Captain pay and a great schedule or giving that all up for 4 stripes (never actually flying PIC though), a crap sched and the same pay they are getting now.

Latest resources

Back