Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NETJETS wants you, even if you can't fly!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, I reckon it's too late for him to go back on the decision, he's already tendered his notice here and it's either NetJets or bust.

Some people learn the hard way

Well, I reckon it's too late for him to go back on the decision, he's already tendered his notice here and it's either NetJets or bust.
May just be Netjets then bust. Hope he enjoys making $27K for the next 4-5 years flying a Beechjet as a First Officer with no hope of upgrading for a long long time. What was his schedule and pay flying with your company?

Why cant people just get it!

You are better off where you are than coming to NutJets.

This place will make you absolutely, positively hate aviation.

We all got into flying for the love of it. Don't ruin it for yourself.

Ask around, you wont find much leeway on the answer.

>>>What was his schedule and pay flying with your company?<<<

Well... Unless NJ has a habit of making 10 day-off months, ridiculous jr. manning and extensions the norm, the schedule will be an improvement.

The pay? Assuming FO pay, it'll be at least a thousand dollar/mo pay cut.

That's too bad. I wish he had researched it a bit more. It's too bad for us that now we have another undeducated pilot who is able to vote. Each time a new hire is added, I feel like we are losing a potential NO vote and gaining a certain YES vote.

For those of you still considering NJA... Please do not listen to the hype of fast upgrades and retro checks. There is no fast upgrade. You will be on FO pay for several years. Not only that, but you will not hold the 7 and 7. You will be working the 17 day schedule. It takes two years to hold the 7 and 7 right now as an FO on the smaller fleets, and forget about larger planes. I am not BSing anyone, if you have issues with my post, or questions, please PM me and we can talk via land-line.

Another thing I forgot to mention was he said that the "home basing" thing may go away in the new contract, but any current employee will get to keep it cuz of some grandfather clause. That was another reason to get in now and not later.

Apparently he knows a pilot there who has been giving him the "real deal", which is obviously a person with a viewpoint different from Flex, Lrjet55, Live4flying, FatesPawn (and so on and so on and so on and so on....)

I.P. Freley,

If you look through the archives here I have given several very honest opinions on NutJets.

I have listed the good and the bad without opinion. To this day I have many friends who will call and ask me about this company and I lay it out for them. I try to give them the most realistic view of life as a NJA pilot free from opinion. After I have completed my little story I give them my opinion based on where they are now and where they want to be.

We all get a little carried away on the BBS here but if you were in our shoes you probably would as well.

However, if you want the truth presented accurately and fairly then call me. I have several friends who are here now, have recently interviewed and are hoping for an interview.

I.P. Freley said:
I.P.,

I'm not uncommon for pilots to turn in their letter of resignation at a regional, only to go wimpering back into the chief pilot's office with their tail between their legs, asking for their job back. This seems like one of those occasions your friend might want to consider.

I talked to him at length about it yesterday, and he is firmly convinced he's doing the right thing. I didn't try to talk him out of it, I was just presenting my concerns that there are a LOT of people out there that seem to have a very negative attitude about NJ.

Then again, there are a lot of people that have a very negative attitude about his former (my current) employer, so even if it is as bad as they say, it might STILL be an improvement. :)

Lrjet55, I appreciate the offer, but I think his mind is made up, and really, it's not up to me to convince him otherwise. Besides, he was senior to me, so I just moved up another notch ROFL!!

Latest resources

Back