• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets vs. MidAtlantic

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Get away from USAirways! FAST!! MidAtlantic is just a dingy attached to the back of the Titanic.

If Jet Blue is your goal, go to MidAtlantic. If you want to fly Citation Xs to Aspen and Bermuda (from nasty TeterHOLE no less), then select Netjets.

Dashcaptain said:
I have an interview with Netjets soon and should be in a class at MidAtlantic sometime next month. I am just looking for outside opinions for what to do. I have been leaning toward MidAtlantic, but was hoping to hear from some Netjets pilots to hear what they might think.

Thanks in advance
Dude,

Charmane called me for a MAA Captain position on Wednesday. She gave me 6 less than 1 weeks notice for the class on the 28th.

My view is that it depends on what you want as an individual. You sound like you are at a W.O. Express carrier now so the risk of unemployment won't increase for you by taking the job at MAA.

1) Do you want to get experience on the EMB-170 and have maybe a better shot at a JB interview? Just an interview. You may still be there when the music stops and the airplanes, not the pilots, go to whatever company buys them. MAA.

Or

2) Do you want to work at a good company that provides a pretty good quality of life and is in the beginning of it's life cycle. NJA.

Granted.. flying at NJA is COMPLETELY different than 121... but many guys and gals don't miss 121 all that much. I don't. I experience 121 flying at the beginning of each tour and at the end of each tour. It's remenissing for me.

If you wanna talk more in depth about the decision I made (pretty self apparant) drop me a PM.

I agree with previous posters who advise staying away from MidAtlantic. Stay away from anything affiliated with US Airways; too much uncertaintly - CH. 11?, CH. 7?, strong possibililty of more furloughs (and thus 18-year Airways pilots displacing downward into MidAtlantic captain seats), poisonous and negative atmosphere permeates the place.

How about both? There is no reason why you can't take the NJA job, but delay your class till later while you play around in the Embraer for a hundred hours. You will lose some seniority at NJA, but honestly, it doesn't matter that much. You are going to be on FO pay for so long, you might be better off waiting till the contract is signed so you can make a better, educated decision. It would be a shame to go to NJA, then see that our pay increase sux and now you've burned your bridge at the other gig, and now your stuck flying someone's dog "peaches" and taking out all the coke products because the passenger brief sheet requires you to make sure they don't have cokes for whatever reason. I'd try to leave both options open. If the contract ends up being a good deal, bail out of US Airways whatever they are calling themselves and come on over to NUTJETS! One thing for sure, you'll eat better over here.

I'd be a little concerned about joining up with NetJets after the contract has been ratified with respect to the Gateway issues. If you get on prior to the ratifiaction you'll be able to effectively live where you want as long as you can get to EWR,MCO, or LAX by 10am. After the signing you might have to live within a prescribed distance to anyone of those airports thus possiby requiring you to move.

Now things haven't been finalized yet and I certainly not saying that things will go that way but it looks like that's the way things are leaning.....
And I also agree with the fine XL driver above in that....we do eat rather well here. Some more advise...get into an exercise routine now, it will help keep the weight off.

reepicheep said:
I agree with previous posters who advise staying away from MidAtlantic. Stay away from anything affiliated with US Airways; too much uncertaintly - CH. 11?, CH. 7?, strong possibililty of more furloughs (and thus 18-year Airways pilots displacing downward into MidAtlantic captain seats), poisonous and negative atmosphere permeates the place.
It's also important to remember that the U membership ratified LOA 91 which allows GECAS (the lender of 85% of the cash for the EMBs) to place 170s at another carrier other than MAA if US Airways cannot generate money for payments. It also allows GECAS to sell off MAA if US Airways fails to perform.

If you had absolutely nothing else going for you I would say GO FOR IT. Otherwise I would proceed with caution.

Ins response to telling NetJets to hold off while you try out another operator....won't work. It used to, but not now. Now when they call and offer you a job they offer you one airplane, one class date, take it or leave it. I had a buddy who just got hired here and he was able to put off his class date one month and one month only, and that was only because his wife has a scheduled C-section on the day his first offer started.

My advice, take Netjets as soon as you can. There will always be jobs at regionals and in the next couple of years there will also be jobs at the majors. This might, I repeat might, be your only chance to get on with NetJets. If I were you I would get on now, and then if you don't like it you can spend your time applying somewhere else like JB.

Just my two cents. But don't turn down a class date thinking they will keep delaying it for you.

Having flown 121 furloughed then at nj for 4 months then back at a 121. Go 121. Nj will ask you to serve food clean the aircraft work 17 days a month while half your bros only work 14 for the same pay. Also, you cannot fly pax legs..that is right you arent worthy according to the mighty customer and the clowns in cmh.
Stay in the 121 side unless you like being asked to serve coffee load bags fly when there arent pax on board work 17 days a month and be treated like a hooker! And to top it off be paid 39k a year as a cpt.

Finally, for all those at nj you guy are long over due a raise.Nobody works as hard as you people. Stick to your guns and dont let those thugs Buffet and Santooly tell you they cannot afford to pay you.

Latest resources

Back